• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heating Up

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Ty rattled in a 140 with about a 25 inch spread this A'M-he didn't have good tine length so he passed him-he was about ten yards away grunting like a pig.

Had a good one going today-we pased about a 140 hooked on a doe in a big field. Then we hit the bush our second rattling set up Ty brought one in-he saw me before I saw him-I think he was watching me for a bit cause he really blew out of there. Ty uses his grunt tube while he rattles I've never tried that but it seems to work. Sooner or later we'll hook up with a good one-does are starting to run off their fawns too.

like sittin on top of hill grunt tubin in a deer,wifes makin me go to city today least its the rodeo and not shoppin. 8)

Bucks are starting to get beat up-we watched a decent 130 bed down with a doe most of the day on some canola stubble-we'll leave him for a couple years. Ty passed a real dark horned 150 4x4 this afternoon-he said he was a hurtin' unit. Hopefully we catch up to some shooters.

Kind of played out so I sat at the bait for a little rest-it's not a sure thing-there were two yearling does at it and a buck boogied on by with his nose to the ground never even looked at them lol. Nonresidents have to use an outfitter unfortunately-the outfitters aren't having a great year-too warm so far.

The second wave is kicking in saw twqo bucks running a doe just west of the house this A'M-Ty sat out with his bow till noon but he found a big wolf track about a 1/4 mile from his stand so things might not be too good for a day or so. Snowy cold day so I just had to walk the swamp-nothing like watching a big buck come through the snow-I just have a doe tag left.

Latest posts