• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heifer Tag in

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
Well today was the day to tag in Heifers for my daughters Pen of 3 Commercial Heifers. She starts out with five heifers. Took em to the local salebarn for wiegh in and tag in.
Averaged 709#, they were all born last feb/mar
Probably would have done alot better if our grass wasn't in such poor shape, no rain will do that.
She will show them the first week of June at our county fair.

2005-11-28-Heifer-tag-in-00.jpg

She's waitin for em to go into the next pen so she can shut the gate.

2005-11-28-Heifer-tag-in-05.jpg

They have a real nice hydraulic chute there at the salebarn. She's gettin a new ear tag.
One down, four more to go.

2005-11-28-Heifer-tag-in-08.jpg

Waitin on them to finish with the paper work.

She was supposed to have a basketball game today, but told her coach last week, "don't expect me at that game, I hafta go tag in heifers"
If it has to do with horses or cows, that comes first, for her.

Looks like a C&S Hydraulic, I have run a few of those, work well.

Saturday I worked some Cows thru a New Powder River Hydraulic I had sold this Summer. 9 Month Pregnant Big Bellied cows I wieghed afterward at 1600-1650 pounds. Worked real well with new headgate design and the headgate design lends itself to lots of room for thesecows to get out of it,

PPRM

All those cowboys/cowgirls,and not a hat to be seen,all caps.but looks like they are set up ta work a few head of cattle.
How much rain did you get on your rye?..............good luck

Got an inch of rain saturday.
And your right, not a cowboy hat in site. LOL

I noticed, back in one of the branding pictures (first contest) there was about 10 or more people and ever one of em had on ball caps. I dont remember who's entry it was, but that was somethin that jumped right out at me.

That was my picture I think, Jersy Lilly.

The wind blows here so much at branding time the guys don't take a chance on losing their hats. And not a lot of people here wear hats anyway, but my husband does. However, he was wearing a cap that day and seems to through most of the brandings.

It has been so windy here on some brandings, we have had to 'circle the horse trailers' around the branding pen to cut the wind.

Bout the only time the wind blows here, is in the cooler months when we've got somethin movin in from the north. Rest of the time, summer, the air is hot and stagnant......not a leave movin anywhere!!!
Speakin of hats, I wear one on occasion, but not usually in the summer time. Just seems to make me hotter. This last summer while we were hayin, my dear ole dad n law chewed my behind out for not wearin a hat while on the tractor. So next trip out I wore my hat. I got so hot wearin it, that I nearly got heatstroke (seriously) NEVER again will I wear a hat in heat like that. (100 plus)

Latest posts