• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hello from Central OK..

Help Support Ranchers.net:

damengineer

Reaction score
Retired engineer from state water agency. Doing consulting engineering work to support my farming and cattle habit. Stuck on 80 acres NW of OKC. Development is closing in and land is getting hard to find to farm. Turning my old wheat pasture into no till and using the no till drill in my pasture to provide extra winter forage. Native Blue stem is our prairie hay around here. I cut about 200 acres a year 2 to 3 times for hay. Running 60 head of cows, 30 Barbado sheep left over from one of my good ideas, and 2 horses, and one 10 yr old cow dog that found out he could ride in the Air conditioned ranger with my wife.......

Welcome to ranchers.
Seems like your doing Okay ranching. Getting 2 or 3 cuttings a year of native grass is crazy.
The old timers around here say you don't fertilize native pasture. My thoughts are that it is a crop just like any other. Luckily I fertilized when it was cheaper, now I have to cut back....

Latest posts