• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hello from interior Alaska

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses, what yr was that trip? Did you drive to Dawson city? Was the "wool" from Muskox? Fly into Fairbanks & take the interior trips down into McKinley park now named Denali
We would LOVE to do that. It was 2010 that we drove through Canada and to Alaska. Yes, we stayed 2 nights in Dawson City. We were going to stay only one, but we wanted to take the boat ride down the Yukon River. It was really expensive staying there, even back then. They didn't run the boat that day either so we left. Mr. FH got a haircut while we were there and it cost $28. I took his picture because I told the barber he had never had such an expensive haircut. 🤣 He also told Mr. FH that he parted his hair too low! 🤣😅🤣
For us, it may have been the trip of a lifetime.

Attachments

• 094.JPG
    094.JPG
    912.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 097.JPG
    097.JPG
    621.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 279.JPG
    279.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
Alaska rancher do you ever get down around Talkeetna?
My niece and her husband have Moore's Hardware there.
twice last summer on way to anchorage. Trapper Creek and Talkeetna my favorites, I always stop by the new three bears store in Trapper Creek. Next time thru I'll stop by Moore's in Talkeetna

Hello, I'm ranching 30 miles north east of Fairbanks, Alaska. Tough life but doable. Been at it 50yrs or so. We get 2 cuttings of brome grass hay (sometimes) a season.
👍I am in Southeast and have mini operation in a trailer park(goats,chickens ducks)but am working toward doing more. Plus I want to support those who do.

Thanks. Somehow when them flyin' rain sacks go over Juneau they get caught on a treetop or somethin' an rip open, so alot of it dumps right there. Haines and Skagway don't get rain like that.

👍I am in Southeast and have mini operation in a trailer park(goats,chickens ducks)but am working toward doing more. Plus I want to support those who do.

welcome to the forum, been to juneau a few times, rained every dam day!
was in Auk Bay years ago in Aug, nice sunny day so it was a sun holiday in Juneau, gal at the gas pump where we fuel the boat was in a bikini, all pale. BIL said she been there every sunny day all summer. I looked at Sue and said Well we can't blend in with the natives

Latest posts