• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hello from Pennsylvania

Help Support Ranchers.net:

JBHavens

Reaction score
Hello all. I live in rural PA and I'm an author. My next book will be set on a cattle ranch and I figured what better place to get good information than from people who live and work on ranches? I appreciate your patience with me and hope that none of you mind me being here.

We had a lady from Connecticut i think it was that posted here as "Non rancher"
She was looking for information on ranching as she had found a old diary of a uncle or someone that ranched in the west.
She became a regular here and even spurred us on the having our Deadwood Net-together.

Haha! You guys are great. Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll be stalking posts and reading your threads for the most part. I guess my main question for now is, what does a typical day look like for you?

Whatever you'd be willing to share, I'd be grateful. Just to reassure you, I'm not a total newbie. It's been a long time but I have mucked a stall. Where I live is very rural. We have hitching posts at the grocery store and the bank for the Amish to use. There are lots of cattle operations here but they are pretty small. Also I'm sure ranching here is very different from ranching in Montana/Wyoming, which is where my book will be set.

If any of you wonder about my legitimacy, my screen name on here is the pen name I write under. Feel free to search me on Amazon. No. This is not me trying to sell you books. Just hoping to reassure you that I am who I say I am.

Picking rocks,fixing fence and working at old junk. The rest of the time I usually spend worrying about stuff thats out of my control.

Latest posts