• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hello, new here, sharing some pics. WARNING 14Photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

k_ranch

Reaction score
Thought I would introduce myself by sharing some photos of our cattle drive, bringing the cows from winter range to the winter feeding/calving ground about a month ago.

DSCN2301-startinghome.jpg

Starting Home

DSCN2303goinghomepickup.jpg

All Lined Out

DSCN2304-younghands.jpg

Young Hands

DSCN2312-downhiway18.jpg

Headed Down the Highway

DSCN2319-headedthoughvetal.jpg

Down the hill into Vetal

DSCN2325-theboss.jpg

The Boss

DSCN2333-alonghiway.jpg

We try to go on the inside of the fence along the highway when we can.

DSCN2342-coldmorning.jpg

It was sooo cold the second morning, steam was coming off the cattle.

DSCN2343-thedrag.jpg

The Drag

DSCN2361-downlastsandhill.jpg

Down the last sandhill before our valley

DSCN2368-gettingcloser.jpg

Getting closer... and a little warmer

DSCN2371-inthegate.jpg

Turning in the gate

DSCN2372-home.jpg

Home eating hay

DSCN2373-alldone.jpg

All Done

GREAT PICS!!!

How far did you have to move the cattle? Fine looking bunch of hands and cattle. Thanks for shareing.

We moved them 13 miles the first day and about 15 the next day. We took it pretty easy on them being close to calving. We led them with the cake wagon just help keep them going in the right direction and had to have two riders hold the front one's back most of the way

Faster horses said:
Wonderful pictures. Especially enjoyed seeing the one of "young hands." Do you know we have a photo contest and that picture would have qualified?

Thanks for the time you took to share with us.

Yes I've seen some of the great photos in the different contests. I'm still learning this computer thing :? My wife helped me with these pictures. She is much more computer savvy and the brains behind this outfit :!: :D

Quote: "She is much more computer savvy and the brains behind this outfit"

I just love it when a man gives credit where it's due

Welcome to the boards!!! Great pics, thanks for takin time to post em.

Welcome k_ranch, love your pictures!!! I really enjoy seeing how other ranchers in the great US of A ranch!!! I especially enjoy seeing pics of different parts of our great country. I know I will never afford to visit, but bringing pics to Ranchers.net brings the pics right into my computer with very little cost!! Sure would like to go cross country and visit!!! Maybe if we win the lottery... :p

Welcome and great pictures! It is fun seeing everyone's places.
Sure would like to go cross country and visit!!!
Wouldn't it be fun to get to go visit everyone :) :!:

Quote: "She is much more computer savvy and the brains behind this outfit"
["I just love it when a man gives credit where it's due"]

A woman telemarketer called me once and I told her my wife made all those decisions. She said "smart man letting her handle everything." I informed her that my wife made all the small decisions and carried the 'little' responsibilities like, handling the budget, paying the bills, running the place, etc. This freed me up for the more important things to worry about like, the world economic situations, peace in Iraq, global warming, etc. I couldn't be bothered with the other little things! She said she would call back another time! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome aboard K_ Ranch. Great pics, enjoyed the one with little ones. If wasn't for our kids me and the wife wouldn't have any help. Like the picture of the herd coming to Vetal. I'd say that makes us neighors :)

K_Ranch, I really enjoyed your pictures. This forum has taught me a world of stuf about how cattle are raised and handled in other parts. The scale on which you Western guys do things makes the biggest of us back this way look like hobbies, and I'm only average, so . . . !

Welcome aboard and I wish you all the best. Take good care of those young riders.

Brush Popper said:
Welcome aboard K_ Ranch. Great pics, enjoyed the one with little ones. If wasn't for our kids me and the wife wouldn't have any help. Like the picture of the herd coming to Vetal. I'd say that makes us neighors :)

Hell Brush Popper, we are all neighbors, on here! :wink:

Latest posts