• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Help on Christmas project

Help Support Ranchers.net:

MsSage

Reaction score
HELP I am making both kids a treasure box for thier big gift. I have painted it but something is lacking ...........PLEASE give advice.
I know there are alot of creative people here and I am asking for help.
Thanks
the boxes are 7 inches long by 6 inches wide and 7 inches tall.

a818f590.jpg

4fadfaad.jpg

They are beautiful. How about writing " I will always love you" sign your name and date it. I did that with gold lockets for my girls. They still wear them 15 years later.

Beautiful boxes MsSage! Especially since they are Christmas gifts I would suggest you put a red letter Bible in each one with a note about Christmas being Jesus' birthday and the fact that they can read about the birth and life of Jesus in the Bible - and read where he said that we should put up our treasures in heaven, not here on earth, (by doing unto others as we would have them do unto us) - "for where your treasure is, there your heart will be," and it is best if our hearts and minds are on God in heaven. They could put some kind of little reminder in the box each time they helped someone in need - something that would have meaning only to them and to God - not as a reminder of good works, but as a reminder that a treasure has been put away in heaven for safe keeping.

Merry Christmas!

Nice. How about small weathered leather straps on both ends and maybe another on top. Like the old trunks had.

fedup2 said:
Nice. How about small weathered leather straps on both ends and maybe another on top. Like the old trunks had.

I'd go with above but maybe even skip the strap on top.
You've created something special and it doesn't need
do-dads detracting. I find it the hardest thing with projects
when to know it- is- finished!

You're job is well done. Love that crackle finish.

What does the inside look like?

How about writing " I will always love you" sign your name and date it.

I like the idea of the Name, and date.

My wife would put the child's name, birthdate or Christmas 2006, on it,

You've created something special and it doesn't need
do-dads detracting. I find it the hardest thing with projects
when to know it- is- finished!

Boy can I agree with that, my wife sometimes makes me help, build something, (she ussually regrets it later)....

Keep it as is,,,,with a name or date, and add a handwritten note inside, for them to read through the good times and the not so good times...

My wife has a note from her grandmother I had to frame as it was nearly worn out........

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Thanks Yall going to put on the top inside~
Christmas 2005
You will always be my treasure
Love Mom

What the boxes are for is ever since the kids could read and follow directions they have had to "find" their Big gift. It has always been in a card but I thought this year ( thinking last year for Santa) I would make it special.
Yes my 11 year old daughter still believes. YES I still believe.
As soon as I get them done I will show how they came out.

MSsage,

I used to build furniture and my wife was a great crafter. We both think you have done a great job!!!!!

I like the idea of the words, I also liked the idea of leather handles.....I'd say stencil some flowers on the ends, your original instinct was right, just a little something extra to accent, always beware to not Guady it up,

Just my thots,

PPRM

Latest posts