• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Help! with shooting at night!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
Got young soybeans. Deer are demolishing them. Have night-shooting permit. Go check on them late at night. Cannot hold spotlight and shoot rifle at same time. (accurately) Cannot find others dumb enough to go out at 2:00.A.M. with me. Looking for light (spotlight) to mount on gun. Any clues?

Mike-"Cannot find others dumb enough to go out at 2:00.A.M. with me. "

Most of my in-laws are dumb enough. :D Could you spring for bus- fare???
I can't guarantee that they are smart enough to hold a flashlight though!!! :lol:

Mike,
For all it's worth, my spouse purchased a red spotlight for me that sits on my rifle, I use it to shoot porcupines out of the apple trees. Works great and I can relate to "who wants to be out at 2:00 am shooting porcupines"? I think we got it through Sportsman's Guide, and I think you could probably find one with white light. Try www.sportsmansguide.com. I think that's the right website address.
Good luck,
Hanta Yo

they make spotlights that mount onto your scopes....
they make them good enough that you can accurately shoot up to 300 yards.........

get a cabelas magizine they will be in there

TimH said:
Mike-"Cannot find others dumb enough to go out at 2:00.A.M. with me. "

Most of my in-laws are dumb enough. :D Could you spring for bus- fare???
I can't guarantee that they are smart enough to hold a flashlight though!!! :lol:
Yes. I can spare bus fare.
One question. Does your little saying "about eating the meat and the pudding" have sexual implications? Yoy ARE a sick boy!

:???: :wink: :roll:

Mike- "One question. Does your little saying "about eating the meat and the pudding" have sexual implications? Yoy ARE a sick boy! "

Actually I stole that line from "Pink Floyd"-"The Wall".
My hat is off to you Mike. Not even I, even dreamed of any sexual implications in that line. :shock: I stand in awe of your grossness and humour!!
I am truely impressed!!! :lol: :lol:

TimH said:
Mike- "One question. Does your little saying "about eating the meat and the pudding" have sexual implications? Yoy ARE a sick boy! "

My hat is off to you Mike. Not even I, even dreamed of any sexual implications in that line. :shock: I stand in awe of your grossness and humour!!

How do you know what Roger Waters was thinking? :shock:

Mike said:
TimH said:

BOY!!! Like little kids!!! Can't stay on track!!!! :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

Hanta Yo said:
Mike said:
TimH said:

It's Tim, he's always trying to get me in trouble. :???: You know how he gets in the heat! :wink:

Hanta Yo said:
Mike,
For all it's worth, my spouse purchased a red spotlight for me that sits on my rifle, I use it to shoot porcupines out of the apple trees. Works great and I can relate to "who wants to be out at 2:00 am shooting porcupines"? I think we got it through Sportsman's Guide, and I think you could probably find one with white light. Try www.sportsmansguide.com. I think that's the right website address.
Good luck,
Hanta Yo

Found it! It mounts on the scope. For "Covert" operations too! I like that part!
Thanks

Mike said:
Hanta Yo said:
Mike said:

It's Tim, he's always trying to get me in trouble. :???: You know how he gets in the heat! :wink:

Mike dont pay no tenshun to "tiny tim"he is sick,ignore him and maybe he will go away......good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Mike said:
Hanta Yo said:

Mike dont pay no tenshun to "tiny tim"he is sick,ignore him and maybe he will go away......good luck

"Tiny Tim" is a good boy (for a canucklehead, that is).
Haymaker, do you shoot deer at night? I've seen you complaining about 'em.

Mike ,if we get caught shooting deer at nite around here its a hefty fine so I really cant say wheter I shoot em at nite,day.morning,evening and any other time I get a chance :wink: .............good luckPS what makes you think "tiny tim" is a good boy,you know he is a canuckle head?

Hanta Yo said:
Mike,
Good luck,
Hanta Yo

what kinda girl would shoot a poor lil porcupine out of a apple tree at 2am with a red spotlite? :wink: ............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Hanta Yo said:
Mike,
Good luck,
Hanta Yo

what kinda girl would shoot a poor lil porcupine out of a apple tree at 2am with a red spotlite? :wink: ............good luck

Cuz those poor lil porcupine quills end up in our dogs' noses, those poor lil porcupines eat the bark off the trees, those poor lil porcupines make a mess with the apple trees...besides I don't wait will 2:00 a.m., usually can catch them "red-handed" :wink: around 11:30 at night. Geez, I don't go after the ones in the hills, just keep them away from the house! :lol:

Mike said:
Hanta Yo said:
Mike,
Good luck,
Hanta Yo

Found it! It mounts on the scope. For "Covert" operations too! I like that part!
Thanks

Have fun!!!! :D :D :wink: :wink:

Hanta Yo said:
Mike said:
TimH said:

Hanta Yo - I thought that you had disappeared! DOC

Latest posts