• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

helpful trailer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

stidwell

Reaction score
does anyone know if there is someone that makes a headgate that will adapt to my stock trailer. I think we all have run into situations where we have had to doctor a cow/calf in the trailer?

Just did a search for it. Not much checking on it, so here ya go. http://www.priefert.com/dynamic/product.php?ITEM_NO=WA-1

Thanks, but that's not really what I am looking for. I probably didn't explain myself very well. I am looking for something that might possibly be incorporated to the rear gate or middle gate of my trailer that would help with working cattle while still in the trailer.

Build a set of corrals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a friend who was doing that very thing about 5 years ago well the bull worked him over pretty good crushed his face and eye sockets he spent months in the University Hospital in Minneapolis Mn and one eye is really small and waters continually inside a trailer is no place to doctor cattle or sort.I would not doctor them before I would do it in a trailer.

Denny said:
Build a set of corrals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But being who I am

I would do it in a trailer.

Remove you divider gate and mount a HGS91, from post above to the trailer on the hings side (I extend the HSG91's footing so it's on both sides of the HSG91 - Bolt to floor - - install the HG91 in the HSG91

Now cut down or (I'dmake a new divder gate that fits the hole and save the old one you may need it some day) - - You mught need to make a 2" bow to hang this gate from - - gate should swing both was so you can use it to form a semi chute and to protect your self when loading.

Note: You might do away with the HSG91 and build the whole thing using a 2" bow and footing to start with

All that said
Build a rack to mount the HG and Panels in your truck! :!:

If your trailer has an escape door, just build a head gate to fit the inside of the opening, bolt 'er in, and weld up a crowd gate to complete the set up.
Rope your victim, get them loaded, crowd with the center gate, then push 'em up with your accessory wing through their intended escape route; clamp down , and doctor away! What's not fun about that?

Couldn't you get one of them Medi-dart sticks so you could reach in to doctor them and still be safe and out of the way?

At one time, a neighbor and I visited about making a chute set up alongsider of a trailer, so you could pull in to portable corrals and run the cattle down alongside the outside of the trailer. The brush fender of the trailer would make the catwalk of the chute. We thought you could mount a rack to hang some panels on and mount a headgate to the side, some way. Kind of like these portable tub and alley deals, but you could still haul a horse or two along.

We never did get it finished on paper, but I still think it would be handy fore those who have their cattle scattered around the country.

CRS is selling portable panels that are made out of oil well pipe. Heavy and stout! They have legs that tee out on each end so they are free standing. I'm thinking of getting some to replace corral fence. Then as time goes on and I need a bigger corral or a smaller one, I'd have the ability to do so. I think a 24 foot panel cost about $450/ best part is, they are so heavy, you never have to move them by hand, but use a tractor and loader or a skid steer loader! :lol:

Makes me thankful we dont hafta use portable panels. We are in the process of replacing the old wood fences that hubby's grandad built in the 50s with new oil field pipe an sucker rods. Very economical when you can get 25ft joints of sucker rod for $5.00 each.
Recently we just mounted a new preifert head gate on our old squeeze chute. We'd bought a small herd from a man and he had this head gate mounted on two posts. we asked him if he wanted to sell that too....it had only been used for two workins. Picked it up for 200.00. I was yippee'n all the way home.

Latest posts