• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Here is my first photo, finally!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
IMG_0144.jpg

It took a few tries on my part, but I finally got a photo posted here. I'm so excited!! I have enjoyed all the other pictures very much.

This is a yearling bull we bought from Lunds B-Bar Angus at Wibaux. He is a Crook Mountain Really Windy heifer bull. He is a yearling and bred quite a few heifers and cows this summer.

Good job for a first picture FH. I couldn't help but notice all the hay too. :shock: :D

Your hay look so.......organized!

Congrats on figuring out the pix post business.

OK girl ,now lets see what faster horses looks like,..............good luck PS you did good,and good looking bull.

Yeah FH- Nice bull.......

We finished combining today--YIPPEE :D :D - Only been since August when we started-- getting little showers out now... If it doesn't rain too much I'm going to head out tommorrow and start doing some cowwork and start drifting some cows toward home- only about 10 miles, but I usually get them started and let them go on their own over two or three days-- go back and open gates each morning since they know the way as well as I do-and they have already been waiting by the gate....

If I find that little double bred 6807 bull I told you about- I'll try and get a picture-- Last time I saw him was Aug when he went down the creek with the neighbors bulls- looked good then.....

Yeah, OT, I'd like to see a picture of that bull.

Also, Denny, I have been waitin' a long time to see pictures of the 6807xGD60.

This Really Windy does not have quite a good enough attitude for us, so the man that bought our cows is going to take him to use on his heifers next year.

We have friends that used 20X from DeBoos and they got what they say are some PERFECT heifers out of him. Long, long-necked, feminine, but with that 'broody' look to them. I think that might be what we will look at for our next heifer bull.

How about an updated picture of that pup of yours?

I tried to do that last night, but after my 'professional help' went home, I don't know how to do it. And I have some kitten pictures too, but they aren't in photobucket so I don't know how to get them to photobucket to post them here.

Help! can anyone guide me?

Faster Horses,
Go to your photo bucket album, at the top it will say add pictures, if your adding more than one, click that option, then page will refresh with blanks for however many you chose.
Click Browse, then where ever your photo's are stored, such as My Documents, or my pictures. click the picture you want to upload,
Repeat the process till you have all photos you want
then click submit.
Once they are in photo bucket you can follow gravlee's post on how to post a picture from photo bucket.
Hope this helps, I know I explain things to where they are as clear as mud sometimes. lol

Nice Angus bull FH.
If you stack hat like you do, here in alabama it would all be rotten by winter. I stack some of mine but I have to get it off the ground and covered.
Keep posting pic's please.

yes too much moisture, but also we dont stack ours round side to round side, we line it up flat sides touching, that way it sheds more water. last few years have noticed alot of ranchers putting their hay on pallets to keep em up off the ground.

This is lined up, flat sides touching, but the round sides touch too.

You mean you don't put any on top of another? We'd take up a lot of ground if we didn't stack on top like we do.

We did go to a net wrap baler and I think that will help shed water, IF THAT IS EVER A PROBLEM.

Now this spring, we got a lot of water on the bales. But 17-20" of rain is probably not much too some on here. And we hardly ever get that much, even, but we did this spring.

The hay that is left in the weather is lined up flat side to flat side to keep water out of the flat sides. I also line it north to south so that the sun hits both round sides. Also, it helps to put it on the crest of a hill or the crest of a Terris row. This keeps it from sitting in a puddle in a rainstorm. And with all this, you can still lose 40% of the roll over a year's time.
If you stack round to round and one on top it holds water and will rot clean through in a few months.
They say in Alabama that you are going to bay for a barn weather you build one or not bue to hay loss by storing outside. When I get some money I neeed to build a hay barn. That is if I can grade off a flat spot on my place.

OK, I think I understand.

Here some people stand the bales up, so the flat side is up, then they lay the next tier on its side, so the round side is up. Looks really nice, but takes longer to do and I have heard that the bale on the bottom, with the flat top exposed, does lose more to weather.

Everyone around here picks on me as it looks like I have long catterpillers going up my hill. I butt them together and keep enought room between bales so that I can mow between and run them up the hill - - - I have very little splilage and the grass that grows (I only clip once a year to keep weed pressure down) works good for feed as I move the hot wire after moving a row of bales

Latest posts