• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

here ya go Tumbleweed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
2012-06-05172209.jpg

2011-07-19120421.jpg

2012-06-05172257.jpg

2012-06-05172223.jpg

Thanks BMR, I appreciate it. And no, Haymaker ya @&&#0!3, there aint no shetland in them. I was asking about color over in "Horses and Dogs". We had a cremello born this year and I'm not real happy about it. Some of the gals wanted to see pics and I could'nt put them on here. Thanks FH and thanks again Big Muddy. I will go thru and explain who's who.

Pic 1
Palomino horse colt by Queens Jolly Prince, out of Miss Fio Flamme (Gray mare with Leo and Rocket Bar on 3 gen pedigree)

Pic 2
Queens Jolly Prince, 95' model palomino foundation stud. This stud belongs to a friend of mine. I have been around him and have used him for ranch work since he was started as a 2 yr old. As far as studs go, this is probably one of the nicest, most well mannered that I have ever been around. He sires colts who are a little slower growing, but have very willing and pleasing dispositions. On the other thread I went thru and named some of the more prominent names in his lineage. This guy is getting old for a range stud, so now I am in the process of trying to find a replacement. I hope I can get another year or two out of him.

Pic 3
Roan horse colt by Rolling Jax Copper (Son of High Rollin Roany), out of Ima Dandy Stringwood ( Roan mare we bought at Billings from Gene Hetleved. He was selling off some mares that he had duplicate bloodlines of). Really proud of this colt.

Pic 4
Cremello horse colt by Queens Jolly Prince, out of Sheza Dun It Parr (Red dun grandaughter of Hollywood Dun It. Also has Zan Parr Bar on 3 gen pedigree) We were talking about this colt in the other thread. When I saw his color I was sick. I absolutely hate cremellos and perlinos. I always considered these two colors a genetic defect. According to what I read and recently learned, they are not a defect and have no ill side effects due to their color. Still dont like the color though. We will leave him intact until he sells. As far as bloodlines go, he is very wellbred on both sides. According to what I read about cremellos and perlinos, they may throw a gray or black occasionally, but they will never throw a sorrel or bay. Mostly they will throw palominos and buckskins. This colt has one heckuva momma.

Thanks for looking
and
Thanks BMR and FH

Tex

All really nice colts..... If you are going to breed the palomino to another palomino you will prolly get lots of perinos and cremeos... One or the other should go..... You don't want to ask me on that one do ya?? :wink: :D :eek: Let us know how the colts turn out and what ya do... I love this stuff... :D :D

tumbleweed_texn said:
Thanks BMR, I appreciate it. And no, Haymaker ya @&&#0!3, there aint no shetland in them. I was asking about color over in "Horses and Dogs". We had a cremello born this year and I'm not real happy about it. Some of the gals wanted to see pics and I could'nt put them on here. Thanks FH and thanks again Big Muddy. I will go thru and explain who's who.

Pic 1
Palomino horse colt by Queens Jolly Prince, out of Miss Fio Flamme (Gray mare with Leo and Rocket Bar on 3 gen pedigree)

Pic 2
Queens Jolly Prince, 95' model palomino foundation stud. This stud belongs to a friend of mine. I have been around him and have used him for ranch work since he was started as a 2 yr old. As far as studs go, this is probably one of the nicest, most well mannered that I have ever been around. He sires colts who are a little slower growing, but have very willing and pleasing dispositions. On the other thread I went thru and named some of the more prominent names in his lineage. This guy is getting old for a range stud, so now I am in the process of trying to find a replacement. I hope I can get another year or two out of him.

Pic 3
Roan horse colt by Rolling Jax Copper (Son of High Rollin Roany), out of Ima Dandy Stringwood ( Roan mare we bought at Billings from Gene Hetleved. He was selling off some mares that he had duplicate bloodlines of). Really proud of this colt.

Pic 4
Cremello horse colt by Queens Jolly Prince, out of Sheza Dun It Parr (Red dun grandaughter of Hollywood Dun It. Also has Zan Parr Bar on 3 gen pedigree) We were talking about this colt in the other thread. When I saw his color I was sick. I absolutely hate cremellos and perlinos. I always considered these two colors a genetic defect. According to what I read and recently learned, they are not a defect and have no ill side effects due to their color. Still dont like the color though. We will leave him intact until he sells. As far as bloodlines go, he is very wellbred on both sides. According to what I read about cremellos and perlinos, they may throw a gray or black occasionally, but they will never throw a sorrel or bay. Mostly they will throw palominos and buckskins. This colt has one heckuva momma.

Thanks for looking
and
Thanks BMR and FH

Tex

Sorry Tex, I read the thread in Horses & Dogs, had no idea "big dummie" was making himself useful and postin your pictures,usually he dont do much, and I agree good lookin horse flesh. Truthfully I kinda suspected they were'nt his, if memory serves me he had posted a picture or 2 of some knobby kneed sway back part burro that he claimed was his best horse that he was letting Man Tracker ride.
good luck

No worries HayMaker. I figured that you were giving BMR a hard time. And yes, he did make himself useful. I really appreciate him putting these picks up for me.

I just got in from checking the mares. In the first pic there is a dun mare standing next to a blaze face bay mare in the background. The dun mare has a pretty little dun colt on her side now. It was born sometime in the last 24 hours. She would'nt let me get close enough to see if it was a horse or filly colt. Reckon I will find out in a day or two.

The new colt is by our stud and the mare is fou.dation bred as well. I don't have her papers right here in front of me, but I do know that she is Wimpy bred fairly close co.sidering the age of that line. This mare is the Hostile Native's pride and joy and she has been looking forward to this foal. I really hope it's a horse colt, but with three horse colts already on the ground, the odds are against it.

We have two Thoroughbred mares also. One of them has always been a pain to get bred and Im thinking she may be open. If she is, we are done foaling this year. The other TB mare has been on the track and has won $$. I was going to breed her to a son of Streakin Six this year, but my back kept me from doing what all needed done to get her ready, so she had a year off. Oh well, there is always next year.

I turned the stud out a few days ago, so he should be content. Hopefully I can get another year or two out of him. The hard to breed bay TB mare better get bred though. She is the best looking mare on the outfit, but she has only had one colt for us. It is a palomino horse colt by one of Max Burch's bronc studs. Come this winter, if she is open I am going to have either a rug or a nice coat made out of her hide.

Have a good evening.

Tex

One white sock, ya better buy
Two white socks, ya better try
Three white socks, pass him by
Four white socks and a strip on his nose,
Cut off his hide and feed'im to the crows.

I finally got close enough yesterday to see the last colt. It is going to be a golden palomino or a light dun. Time will tell though. It has four white socks and a blaze face and it is a horse colt. This mare is the Hostile Native's pride and joy and she is ecstatic about her new colt. Being as it had four white socks and a blaze face, I tried to get her to let me shoot it. She put the whoa on that thought real quick. Figured she would. I am happy she finally got a horse colt out of her mare and he is a flashy little guy.

All of the mares that foaled this year had horse colts. Used to, we could'nt get a horse colt. The last two years have been good though. Last year we had to filly's and three horse colts. This year we had four horse colts. In another couple of years we are going to be covered up in good blooded geldings with color.

Have a good day.
Tex

P.S.
We are branding tomorrow, but I will try to get a pic of the new colt.

Latest posts