• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

hereford birth weight s

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Depends on the rest of the bulls numbers,i have had 100lb birthweight bulls with the right numbers calve just as easy as a 80lb birth weight bull with the wrong numbers.My current hereford bulls have a 98lb birth weight and i don't worry about my 1250lb cows having any trouble calving,but both of those those bulls have a calving ease of over 10,and if you trace back his heritage they are all high with ce.

But I believe chasing the other extreme makes it so eventually your cows can't give birth to a puppy that why I consider a calf out Of a heifer terminal

scout said:
But I believe chasing the other extreme makes it so eventually your cows can't give birth to a puppy that why I consider a calf out Of a heifer terminal

That's why we just use moderate birth weight bulls on our heifers. We help a few now and then, but the heifer calves born to our heifers make good serviceable cows.

Silver said:
scout said:

That's why we just use moderate birth weight bulls on our heifers. We help a few now and then, but the heifer calves born to our heifers make good serviceable cows.

Same here.

Latest posts