• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Herefords from Oregon

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
My cousin in NW Oregon has a nice set of PB Hereford cows. He would like to see his red and whites meet my reds.
DSCN1968.jpg

Not too hard to look at.
DSCN1963.jpg

Not sure where the dark came from. :? Should leave a dark red calf on a red cow.
DSCN1961.jpg

My cousin visits here often but has yet to post. Maybe this will kick him into action.
DSCF1139.jpg

Nice, where is he at? Tell him to join and write me, or at least email me. We're always looking for cattle to look at! Who knows, I might've met him at the hereford tour here in Baker County. Lot's of folks from the west side were there.

Now that Eastwind, the owner of these cattle is on board, I thought I would bring this to the top. H76, for sure no creep was used in raising that calf, just grass and hay.

Thanks for the comments on the Bull calves. H 76 the bull calf is a March PW Victor Boomer P606 son. We will start weaning next week so I will let you know the wt. Nicky We didnt make the Baker field day, the kids were showing at the county fair that week. I will E-mail you.

I'm always very curious on the ratio of calf weight to cow weight and
feel that the calf weight can't just be taken on any day...it needs to
be the 205 day weight to have any merit. After all, a calf that is
8 months old and still on the cow would have a much better weight
ratio. Just sayin'...

Nice looking group ,thanks for posting them . There have been some really nice Herefords posted on here lately. Used to seeing them all over here ,not so much in the US though . Glad to see that there are still some really nice H herds around . :D

Do you use a polled or a horned bull on the herd ?

Has anyone grass finished their own herf steer and if so how did it score ? I am wanting to do a GV baldie next year and I am hoping the herf will help with the marbling .

Both of our herd sires are polled Bulls that are out of horned cows and polled sires. Our neighbor has a CSA and along with the veggies she sells about 6 grass fed baldies a year her buyers love the meat. they are 19 to 21 months old and she finish,s them on second cutting orchard grass hay and alfalfa.

hillsdown said:
Has anyone grass finished their own herf steer and if so how did it score ? I am wanting to do a GV baldie next year and I am hoping the herf will help with the marbling .

Yes, I think they are very good!

Latest posts