• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Here's my "blonde" story

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Buckerette

Reaction score
My boyfriend (of 9 years) and I carpool to work together. It saves on gas and makes the 30 minute drive easier to handle. I ended up having to go to Denver yesterday. When I realized that I would be back in time to pick him up I called. He said that he could take home on of the company's truck. I told him that because my client was unreachable, I was wasting time and ended up looking at buying a new car. I really needed one and he hates car shopping. He said that it sounded like a good idea. That was at 3:30, I test drove one of the three cars I wanted. He had a way home so I didn't think much more of it. I did call him a few times through the night on his cell and our home #. No answer. I bought the car and ended up leaving at 10 (it's an hour home). About 10:50, he calls and asks where I am and whats taking so long. I told him and asked if he was OK. Well, he wasn't. Mostly, because I had both keys to the house and he was locked out for 6 hours. He's still pretty upset today, I'm getting the silent treatment. I feel awful. I just didn't think about him getting into the house, just getting there. I'm off to homedept today to get a lockbox to hide a key in.

A lockbox is a good idea, buckerette!! If all else fails, find some place where it would ever only be the 2 of you that knew where a spare key were hiding...not too obvious like the old standby on top of the door frame of under a phony rock!! Hope he gets over his "mad" and realizes that everyone makes mistakes!!! Good luck to you!! :D

I ended up getting a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I in no way thought that was what I'd end up coming home with. I've always been a pick up girl, but decided it wasn't econmical to have two pickups. (we have Phil's dually for hauling and stuff). I couldn't pass up the Jeep with all the discounts and rebates. Hopefully, he's not made about that too. He hasn't commented on the car.

I feel like such a dufas. Poor guy...

I got this in an e-mail. I thought the ladies would like it.

Four Little Animals
>>>
>>>(You've got to love this little girl. What a woman she'll make!)
>>>
>>>A teacher asked her class, "What do you want out of life?"
>>>
>>>A little girl in the back row raised her hand and said, "All I want
>>>out
>>>of life is four little animals, just like my Mom always says".
>>>
>>>The teacher asked, "Really and what four little animals would that
>>>be?"
>>>
>>>The little girl said, "A mink on my back, a jaguar in the garage, a
>>>tiger in the bed and a jackass to pay for all of it."
>>>
>>>The teacher fainted.

I got a similar one about a Sunday School class.

After teaching about the good Smaritan, the teacher asked the students what they would do if they saw a man bleeding to death on the side of the road. A little girl said, "I would throw up."
A sunday school teacher asked the students if they thought Noah went fishing alot on the ark. A studet replied, "No. He only had two worms."

ranchwife said:
nr said:
Oldtimer said:
IF we have one, I don't know where it is :)

Just look in the mirror. You're BOTH sounding dorkey. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sounds like our area.....99% of the folk around here do not lock their doors...would end up locked out themselves!! :wink:

We don't lock our doors out here in the boonies because if someone wanted in if we were gone, they would simply break a window and make a mess and still get the job done that brought them here in the first place!
We also see it like this; if someone was lost out here and we weren't around, I would be very glad to have our door unlocked so they could get in and help themselves to the phone. :)

is a "House Key" just the new mondern updated version of what some call a "Church Key" :lol2:

Pop a top again..... :wink:

PS:

Surely you all knew i was refering to a beer opener right????

Maybe some didn't cause i ran into people down here that never heard them called Church Keys

We usta have a house key, stayed somewhere outside...wasn't ever where it was sposta be, the dog kept findin it n movin it...I think he finally ate it, haven't seen it in 4 or 5 years.

We never locked our doors growing up. I'm pretty sure my parent's didn't even have a key to the house. We do have to lock the doors at my house though. When we first bought our land about a 2 years ago we had no neigbors, now we have 3 and 1-2 more on the way. That's Colorado for you. It's not safe anymore and it's surely not peaceful. When we built the house, we had about $3,000 of buidling material stolen.

Faster horses & Ranch Wife - Thanks for your concerns. Luckily, my Boy was over it by the time I got home last night. He doesn't like the lock box thing, he agrees with Ranchwife surely we can find somewhere on our place to hide a key.

Jersey Lily - Sounds like something my dogs would do, packing off the key. Maybe I should get a lockbox.

Hanta Yo said:
ranchwife said:
nr said:
Just look in the mirror. You're BOTH sounding dorkey. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
sounds like our area.....99% of the folk around here do not lock their doors...would end up locked out themselves!! :wink:

We don't lock our doors out here in the boonies because if someone wanted in if we were gone, they would simply break a window and make a mess and still get the job done that brought them here in the first place!
We also see it like this; if someone was lost out here and we weren't around, I would be very glad to have our door unlocked so they could get in and help themselves to the phone. :)

Not the Boonies anymore (What was 1,500 is now 155,000) but I still find it hard to Lock-Up - - Everyone gives me Hell but … … - - - know your neibors - last week one came over and gave me a paper with a Lic Plate # on it - saying this person had been in the house - - my friend was supprised to get a phone call asking him what he wanted.

I tell everyone I have a hidden Security TV Cammera

If the Dogs Know you well enough let you in… …
and if somewants in that bad I Just Have To Fix The Door on top of everything else.

I bet this does sound "DORKEY" to City Peoples

Latest posts