• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Here's my saddle Jinglebob

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Here is the saddle that John Brown (deceased), formerly from Elalaka MT, made for me several years ago. Nelseena Lehman actually bought the saddle shop after I ordered the saddle and it has her stamp on it. I bought it without the taps that are on it in the picture. It is a 58 Wade tree.

saddle.jpg

And here is a picture that Larry Bute did for me, riding the same saddle minus taps. I scanned both, and couldn't get the whole drawing in the scanner.
Jinglebob already knows me, so it won't be a surprise to him. :lol:

Me.jpg

Good lookin' saddle and picture. That Larry is a nice guy and a whale of an artist!

Kind'a looks to me like you better get to ridin' that saddle more, why it looks plumb new! :shock:

:eek:

:lol:

:wink:

Kind'a looks to me like you better get to ridin' that saddle more, why it looks plumb new!

You are probably joshing me, but it had never been on a horse when that picture was taken. It was actually hard to use it the first time. :lol:

But I got over it. :wink:

Nice saddle jake. I had the pleasure of visiting with John Brown in Miles city one day and use a pair of reins that I bought from him. I sure liked his work.

Good looking saddle Jake,looks like fine work from what I can see of it................good luck

Very Nice Jake,

Reminds me, if anyone is going to the NFR, Hamleys will have a booth at the Country Christmas I believe. Hamleys is a historic Saddle Shop in Pendlton that some guys have revamped, it is now pretty high end saddles, spurs, bits, leatherwork and art. A friend of mine, Steve Campbell, is the new manager. Steve has worked for Pendleton Grain Growers, Powder River Livestock Equipment, Montana Silversmiths and Priefert Manufacturing. His son, Marty, is a whale of an entertainer, both as a singer and Cowboy Poet,

Anyway, neat store and neat family,

Jakes Saddle reminded me,

PPRM

Do the taps help keep your feet warm in this winter weather?

Yes, they help somewhat, but are not a cure all. I sure put them on in late fall thru the winter. I have a set of liners to go in them, but you want to make sure it is froze when they are in, as you can imagine they would get a little dirty. I don't use the liners much.

The only time the taps nearly got me in trouble was when we were pushing cattle across a very boggy creek, and my horse got into the middle and struggled and fell on his side. The side of the taps caved in against my toe and momentarily hung me up. He drug me out a couple jumps, but I rolled on my belly and came free immediately. No harm done, and everything carries a little danger with it I imagine.

Nice saddle, Jake. Looks like it would be comfortable to ride all day.

Where did Nelsena go? Was it Nebraska?

Also, would you relate the story of what happened to Marvin Garrett in that plane wreck, who was in it, aw heck...

Would you tell the story of the plane wreck that Marvin Garrett was in. Where it happened, who was in it, what happened to each of the people. Seems to me like there was some heroics involved, but I just can't recall the whole thing. I thought you would know.

Thanks.

Here's one story I found on it.

Thad Bothwell, a bull rider from Rapid City, S.D., who had qualified for his first National Finals Rodeo this year, suffered a broken back in a plane crash and will not be among the top 15 bull riders in Las Vegas this month.

Bothwell was one of four highly ranked professional rodeo cowboys injured when a plane they were flying in crashed Nov. 4 near Lodi, Calif.

Four-time world bareback riding champion Marvin Garrett, saddle bronc rider Scott Johnston, former world champion bareback rider Mark Garrett and Bothwell were en route to the Grand National Rodeo in San Francisco when their plane's engine died just prior to landing at Lodi Airport.

Bothwell, 30, suffered a broken back and underwent surgery Nov. 11 to fuse two vertebrae and remove a disk. Marvin Garrett suffered a fractured vertebrae and broken right arm in the crash; Johnston suffered serious internal injuries; and Mark Garrett received lacerations to the head.

Mark Garrett, Marvin's brother, was the least seriously injured passenger. He was credited with pulling some of the others from the burning plane.

The pilot, retired rodeo cowboy Johnny Morris, suffered a broken back and serious burns on 40 percent of his body. He remained at the UC Davis Medical Center after undergoing surgery and skin grafts. end.

Johnny Morris died from his injuries in the crash. Mark Garrett would never be one to let on that he did anything out of the ordinary that day. Except for Johnny Morris, they were awfully lucky. He was one hell of a pilot I have heard. He aerial hunted for years too.

They have a memorial pro rodeo that is in late May over in Alzada as a tribute to Johnny Morris. They get some pretty big named people for such a small place.

Nelsena went to southern SD for a while, and I heard she was going to AZ, but don't know if it ever happened. Her sister lives in Neb.

Latest posts