• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

heres some cow and hay pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

tlakota

Reaction score
cows019.jpg

12 year old cow and probably one of my best cows

cows018.jpg

this is from an old cow...shes been like this for about 3 years....i wanted to sell her the first year but she was bred and i figured she wouldnt bring anything at the barn...anyone know what it is?

IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r192/tlakota/cows017.jpg[/IMG]
widespread heifer

cows014.jpg
probably the best heifer i have ever raised and was outta one of my bulls

cows013.jpg
again

cows011.jpg
megawide pickup on the baler is awesome

cows008.jpg
i was getting just under 3 tons/acre on first cutting

cows007.jpg
i blow the hay out as wide as i can so it drys fast...it only took just over a day to dry...but thats with the south dakota wind that never lets up

cows004.jpg
this is a screaming machine...when no rocks are present

cows003.jpg
long day ahead...i cut 140 acres in about 13 hours with a 13 foot swath...perfect width for the v rake to put 3 windrows together

cows001.jpg
i bought this cow from eagle pass ranch...looked like she had free choice silage last winter when i bought her but hasnt gone down hill at all with just cornstalks and now grass[/img]

ya its not the greatest smelling thing there is either....i think she is gonna retire after this year

In all honesty, I really don't think we should post stuff like that on here. I think it could just be something for the bunny huggers and such to try and use against us. And this is the world wide web.

They don't understand.

I agree with JB. You can tell from the picture that she isn't as thrifty as the rest. Bred or not, loose my backside or not, I'd have sent her down the road.

Nice looking hayfields.

Send her down the road or give er a lead injection.. I have enver seen one with a wound like that and wonder if they would event ake her at the barn..Either way, she wouldn't be sticking around here, someone would drive by, see her, and the state would be out checking on me for not taking care of injured animals or something no mater if it was nothing or something.. I have heard too many stories from folks around here about visits from Ag department.. Actually, the state does nothing and 90% of the time just shakes their head about the whole thing but still, what a pain in the arse..

It's amazing that she's not set up an infection by now!!! I agree with JB on the Dx there. Could have been an granuloma gone bad!

The cow aside,too bad that became the focus....you have some really good looking cattle there... :)

thanks mrs greg...i had the vet check her out and he didnt seem to concerned...i posted it to see if any of you guys have seen something like it...sorry i guess

Latest posts