• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

herman cain running and hiding from camera's debate gaffes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

flounder

Reaction score
CAIN ON THE RUN AND HIDING FROM CAMERA'S BECAUSE OF LATEST GAFFES

NO CAIN DO

Herman Cain Cancels Interview After Demanding No Video Recordings

First Posted: 11/17/11 09:41 AM ET Updated: 11/17/11 11:09 AM ET

Herman Cain managed to offend Cuban Americans and reveal more gaps in his knowledge of foreign policy and U.S. politics during campaign stops in Miami on Wednesday.

"How do you say delicious in Cuban?" he asked after sampling some Cuban-style coffee and a croqueta at Miami's Versailles Cafe. See the video above.

The GOP hopeful soon realized the crowd's native language was Spanish, and told them about his anti-tax plan to "pass a new structure called 'nueve, nueve, nueve,'" according to Reuters.

He also spoke about Cuba policy. The Miami Herald reports:

His campaign kept reporters at bay, and when asked about the Cuban Adjustment Act and the so-called wet-foot, dry-foot policy, Cain seemed stumped. The policy allows Cuban immigrants who have made it to U.S. soil to stay. "Wet-foot, dry-foot policy?" Cain asked. His press handlers interrupted as Cain diverted his course and ducked back into the building. Later, when he emerged, he was asked again by another reporter. Cain didn't answer.

"Gotta run, gentlemen," he said.

At a rally at the Palm Beach County Convention Center, Cain said he was ready to shake things up just like the Republicans did in 2008.

"When the American people begin to ignite that American spirit, they make things happen, just like they made things happen in 2008 when the Republicans took back control of the House," he said.

The Republicans took back the House last year. Democrats gained seats in both the House and Senate in 2008. But what Cain knows is not important, he told the crowd at the Versailles Cafe.

"I'm often criticized ... criticized about the fact that I don't know this and I don't know that, and I don't know that and I don't know this," he said. "A leader doesn't have to know everything."

Cain's remarks echoed excuses he made earlier in the week after his embarrassing Libya gaffe.

"I'm not supposed to know anything about foreign policy. Just thought I'd throw that out," he said on his campaign bus Monday. "I want to talk to commanders on the ground. Because you run for president (people say) you need to have the answer. No, you don't! No, you don't! That's not good decision-making."

Cain's campaign requested no cameras at his Thursday morning sit-down with a New Hampshire newspaper. The interview was later canceled.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/17/herman-cain-makes-2-gaffe_n_1099224.html

Herman Cain Cancels Interview After Making Unusual Requests [UPDATE]

First Posted: 11/17/11 09:41 AM ET Updated: 11/17/11 11:09 AM ET

UPDATE: The Cain campaign has now canceled its interview with the Union Leader because of a disagreement over timing, according to AP reporter Steve Peoples.

Union Leader publisher Joe McQuaid offered a terse response to Cain's cancellation: "It's his loss."

* * * * * NEW YORK -- If Herman Cain stumbles on a foreign policy question during Thursday's scheduled meeting with New Hampshire's influential Union Leader newspaper -- as he did earlier this week when asked about President Obama's handling of Libya -- don't expect to see the clip on an endless cable news loop.

That's because Cain's campaign has requested that the sit-down not be videotaped. And now, a scheduling matter puts the entire 10 a.m. interview in jeopardy.

Union Leader publisher Joe McQuaid told The Huffington Post that "no reason was given" for the no-camera request and he "was a bit surprised" by it. So far, Mitt Romney, Rick Perry and Rick Santorum have all met with the Union Leader and allowed C-SPAN to tape the newspaper interviews for broadcast.

When asked about the request, Cain spokesman J.D. Gordon told The Huffington Post that "video cameras are optional at Ed Boards and we decided not to pursue that option." Gordon added that "the interview is at a newspaper, not a TV station."

McQuaid agreed to the campaign's request, but there's another issue complicating the scheduled sit-down. McQuaid said that the interview was originally scheduled to last one hour, but the Cain campaign recently changed it to just 20 minutes. He said that's not an acceptable amount of time. (The Cain campaign hasn't yet responded to an inquiry about the interview length.)

The Union Leader endorsement is highly sought after in the New Hampshire Republican primary. However, McQuaid pointed out that it is not decided by a traditional editorial board.

"We do not have an 'editorial board,' '' he said. "Isn't that some sort of committee whose members frown seriously, puff on pipes and then come up with editorials with all the punch of a flat Coke? I and my editorial writer and a reporter meet with candidates and ask them questions which are then reported to our readers and help inform our opinions." ...

snip...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/17/herman-cain-campaign-requ_n_1099221.html

Flounder PLEASE do us all a flavor, I dare you to spent 1/10 of your massive amount of research time looking into Obama and see if you can honestly say he is as brilliant, transparent and honest as the MSM and people like you and Oldtimer would have us believe. PLEASE spend a little time reviewing the people he surrounds himself with. Don't forget the Prostitute seeking life long friends, the Bomb building fund raising buddies, the gay lovers, corruption convicted felon land developer, and his 20 year American hating, racist mentor/pastor. When you're done with that than look into the lieing appointees in his Administration like Holder and Please look into why Kagan lied to the Congress about her involvement with defending Obamacare. And Please don't forget to check out all the TAX CHEATS including the Sec of Treasury that was to be the most brilliant man on earth but could not figure out TURBO TAX.

I DARE YOU :wink:

Tam said:
Flounder PLEASE do us all a flavor, I dare you to spent 1/10 of your massive amount of research time looking into Obama and see if you can honestly say he is as brilliant, transparent and honest as the MSM and people like you and Oldtimer would have us believe. PLEASE spend a little time reviewing the people he surrounds himself with. Don't forget the Prostitute seeking life long friends, the Bomb building fund raising buddies, the gay lovers, corruption convicted felon land developer, and his 20 year American hating, racist mentor/pastor. When you're done with that than look into the lieing appointees in his Administration like Holder and Please look into why Kagan lied to the Congress about her involvement with defending Obamacare. And Please don't forget to check out all the TAX CHEATS including the Sec of Treasury that was to be the most brilliant man on earth but could not figure out TURBO TAX.

Don't forget Michelle. She finally was proud of her country, ONLY
when hubby got elected.........

Faster horses said:
Tam said:

Don't forget Michelle. She finally was proud of her country, ONLY
when hubby got elected.........

With all of Flounders research ability/time even he should beable to find Obama's school records and birth certificate. But what makes me think he will not stop trashing conservatives long enough to even peek at any of that evidence. :wink:

Between the DR and oldtimer they should be able to uncover the secret of the universe.

Latest posts