• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hesston/NFR Belt Buckles

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
I've got most of the Hesston buckles from the '80's. Just wondering if anyone knows what they might be worth. I have from '80 to '87,with the exception of '81(which I lent to my brother and never got back). They are all in brand new condition except for the '83, which I wore for a while (like a dummy).
Does anybody know of a collector or someone who might be interested in them??

We gave my dad those buckles for Christmas every year. Now that he has passed away in August, we have the buckle collection. I have been trying to find out a value, with no luck to speak of. Someone did tell me that they are worth more if they are still in the wrapping.

I looked on ebay and didn't find out much there either.

I don't know what they are worth, but I do have one idea to make them worth MORE. Paint them green and turn them into John Deere buckles. :wink: Priced anything John Deere lately? Does Hesston even make anything any more?

Our local NFR boy, Birch Negaard, isn't having the best luck so far this year.

the real jake said:
I don't know what they are worth, but I do have one idea to make them worth MORE. Paint them green and turn them into John Deere buckles. :wink: Priced anything John Deere lately? Does Hesston even make anything any more?

Our local NFR boy, Birch Negaard, isn't having the best luck so far this year.

And why is that do you think Jake? I've never got to visit with him but he comes across as just a real nice guy. Did you catch Billy on Letterman? He is a real nice guy.

She's one of two colts I've been playing with this fall. (She should have been started by now, actually, except for a little issue with needle grass and some major weight loss last month. :eek: )

But that's Molly.
A friend of ours gave her to my kids. She's a real pretty 3 year old red roan QH. They've had a few pony rides on her already and she takes anything I've thrown at her with grace.

I don't know how cowy she's going to be (though knowing the herd she came out of, she'll probably be fine in that dep't) but I do know she is going to be a great kids' horse one of these days. :)

And why is that do you think Jake? I've never got to visit with him but he comes across as just a real nice guy. Did you catch Billy on Letterman? He is a real nice guy.

Jinglebob, I don't know what Birch's troubles are this year. He usually shines the most in the NFR average, but I heard he had a dirty steer the other day. He is a very nice guy. He has really been living in NE WY for about 10 years, but has always kept this place as his address. I will always think of him as being from here anyway, so it seems right. It's funny that now Bryce Miller the saddle bronc rider from Kaycee WY is basically living 15 miles west of me, but he still has the WY address. Zip codes don't mean much to those rodeo'rs. I really don't watch much of it as it is too late for me to stay up and then get going in the morning.

Jinglebob - I notice jake didn't mention just how well he knows Birch. He graduated from high school with both Birch and Birch's cousin, Denver Gilbert, the tall good looking guy wearing the necktie at the dogging chutes who is the PRCA steer wrestling director at the NFR. That class had a lot of handy kids and jake is a great example of the best of them.

That's Denver Gilbert at the doggin' chute?

He is a Real Estate Agent now for Pfister or something like that, is he not?
I recommended them to a friend of mine that has some property in Wyoming to sell. I think she listed it with them. My recommendation was based on some comments from this site.

It's not what ya know, it's WHO ya know!!

Yeah, and Tommy Reeves roped at our branding a few times on the ranch we worked on in SD.
And a friend of ours up there used to date Billy Etbauer back in HS.

Shoot, to really drop names a good friend my husband and I's in college grew up down the road from Chris LeDoux and used to date one of his boys. In fact, when he played our college campus, she had a small party after the concert so she could introduce him to a few of her closer friends.
We didn't go because we both had to drive home yet (70 miles) and get up in the morning and work.
Eight years later, we're still kicking each other over that decision... :roll:

I know who Wade Berry is.

Our daughter cuts Billy Etbauer's mother's hair and has cut some of the boys hair. She says they are a great family, likes 'em all.

We knew Chris LeDoux a bit. We are from Buffalo, Wyoming and he was just trying to get started in the song industry in the late 60's and early 70's. He was always so good-looking and he used to sit on a chair in the bars playing solo guitar. We weren't sure if he was ever gonna make it. He was always a great guy and we were so happy for his success. But it did take him quite awhile. He was determined and it paid off.

Alot of 'overnight successes' had a lot of years of hard work behind them.

rancher

Where in the heck have you been? I was waiting by the computer for 7 days straight just to hear what the weather was doing over your way. :roll: I even eliminated my location under my name, because I didn't think anyone knew where you were anyway. Do you know how to change your "handle" on ranchers.net. I've been thinking that it would be less confusing if I changed mine to Julius Ceasar or somthing, as the other Jake has first right to his handle. lol. It is above zero here today finally. 8)

Jinglebob - I notice jake didn't mention just how well he knows Birch. He graduated from high school with both Birch and Birch's cousin, Denver Gilbert, the tall good looking guy wearing the necktie at the dogging chutes who is the PRCA steer wrestling director at the NFR. That class had a lot of handy kids and jake is a great example of the best of them.

And I noticed that Liberty Belle neglected to mention that her daughter, who was also in said class, leaves the rest of us in the dust as far as having a successful career. She helps people every day, and probably is damn good at it, as she excells at anything she does.

As a human interest story, Birch's mother passed away about one week before his first qualification to the NFR finals in 1993, I think. He went ahead and competed, and had so so luck until late in the competition, and then won a round with the fastest time all week in the dogging. That gave him an extra nice chunk of change. I don't know how he was able to focus enough to compete that NFR, but he did somehow. I know the family sure misses his mother, and I know I sure do too. She was a one of a kind. She was the example of sportsmanship, and sports were very important to her.

I think Birch has only missed one finals since that year, and that was due to injury.

Latest posts