• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Agman

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Agman, I have been thinking lately about all the talk about foreign investements in our economy. Are you concerned about this at all, or is it just a function of business and trade? I might be able to be convinced that in some areas a huge takeover could be a national security concern. Unical(sp) is one example that comes to mind.

It seems to me that most of that kind of talk always comes from the same side of the fence. :wink:

Thanks.

the real jake said:
Agman, I have been thinking lately about all the talk about foreign investements in our economy. Are you concerned about this at all, or is it just a function of business and trade? I might be able to be convinced that in some areas a huge takeover could be a national security concern. Unical(sp) is one example that comes to mind.

It seems to me that most of that kind of talk always comes from the same side of the isle. :wink:

Thanks.

The latter issue is a bit more complex than most foreign investment. The reality is that the U.S. leads in foreign direct investment. China may overtake the U.S in that regard because of the attraction of foreign investment into that country.

The other side of the national security debate is the more foreign investment the more inter-dependent these nations become. That can reduce the level of hostilities.

Latest posts