• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

hey cowsense...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
Did you go to that hereford sale at the yards yesterday? I made the mistake of letting my husband go alone, we now have a new bred heifer and a new bull calf in our herd. He didn't get the heifer he wanted, though. I found out when I looked at the sale results, that my husband, myself, and his cousin have expensive taste in cattle. The heifer I was looking at went for $2650, the one my husband wanted went for $3150, and the one the cousin liked went for $3200. He got a bargain on the bull calf, though. $2400. He was told later that he stole that calf.

Shelley: I didn't make the sale- had hydraulic trouble with a tractor and by the time I got it fixed it was too late. The catalogue looked good and by the sound of things the sale went well. A lot of the cattle were shown at Agribition. Which bull did you get?

He should work; Maddux leaves some real volume cattle and there's lots of good maternal cattle behind him! Jay has a very good cowherd and is starting to make his mark in the industry!

Took a look in the catalogue at your two new purchases Shelly. VERY NICE! :D Don't blame your husband for wanting to pick up those two. I had thought earlier that I wouldn't mind adding that bull too my herd. Lots of power and performance in that little fella. Beautiful looking heifer too,...my kind of cattle. Does your husband know what Lot 6 went for?..had my eye on that little fella too.

Aaron said:
Took a look in the catalogue at your two new purchases Shelly. VERY NICE! :D Don't blame your husband for wanting to pick up those two. I had thought earlier that I wouldn't mind adding that bull too my herd. Lots of power and performance in that little fella. Beautiful looking heifer too,...my kind of cattle. Does your husband know what Lot 6 went for?..had my eye on that little fella too.

Lot 6 went for $2000.

cowsense said:
Shelley; Why didn't you buy another GHC bull??? :twisted:

I like GHC, but there still using alot of Continental which is the breeding of the bull we already have here. We've kept quite a few heifers off him, so I really don't want that bloodline again. I don't really care to linebreed even if it's two or three generations back. Besides, who can afford most of their bulls??? Lot 1 went for $17,500, lot 2 went for $3600, and lot 5 went for $11,000. Way out of our league for the number of cows we have.

Latest posts