• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Goatshaker,er I mean Haymaker

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Since you seem to have all the numbers on cattle in Canada could you tell us how many of these feeders that US cattlemen have imported from Canada are now owned by R-CALF members? Not that I have a problem with them buying them as we all apreciate quality if we can get it and that's why they come to Canada in the first place.

It is just a little hypocriticl that they would condem Canadian cattle then turn around and buy them but we all know they no conscience.

No I doubt anyone knows the answer to your rumor..............good luck
PS that rumor is old.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Since you seem to have all the numbers on cattle in Canada could you tell us how many of these feeders that US cattlemen have imported from Canada are now owned by R-CALF members? Not that I have a problem with them buying them as we all apreciate quality if we can get it and that's why they come to Canada in the first place.

It is just a little hypocriticl that they would condem Canadian cattle then turn around and buy them but we all know they no conscience.

How do you know that the buyers of canadian feeders are the same ones that are condemning canadian cattle,how do you know you are'nt condemning your allies,maybe some ,just want to do buisness with you.I keep telling you there is more than the canadian border issue concerning R CALF members.................good luck PS I personally believe those buyers got treated wrong.,and it would'nt surprise me if they dont come back.

HAY MAKER said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

How do you know that the buyers of canadian feeders are the same ones that are condemning canadian cattle,how do you know you are'nt condemning your allies,maybe some ,just want to do buisness with you.I keep telling you there is more than the canadian border issue concerning R CALF members.................good luck PS I personally believe those buyers got treated wrong.,and it would'nt surprise me if they dont come back.

I know some of the buyers of Canadian cattle like the quality they can buy I Canada and that's why some US feeders get there cattle up and have for years. I asked you if you knew how many R-CALFers had bought Canadian cattle and hauled them south. Really they should not buy them in honour of their organization that called all beef from Canada tainted.
I guess inreality most of those R-CALFers are keeping it on the QT that they are buying cattle in Canada just in case the membership gets word of it and has a mutiny. :cowboy:

BMR...I know some of the buyers of Canadian cattle like the quality they can buy I Canada and that's why some US feeders get there cattle up and have for years.

Could it be that they can buy them cheaper there also?

Tommy said:
BMR...I know some of the buyers of Canadian cattle like the quality they can buy I Canada and that's why some US feeders get there cattle up and have for years.

Could it be that they can buy them cheaper there also?

Could you tell me why our calves would be cheaper?

BMR...Could you tell me why our calves would be cheaper?

You tell me, are your calves bringing as much as US calves now?

Tommy said:
BMR...Could you tell me why our calves would be cheaper?

You tell me, are your calves bringing as much as US calves now?

What calves sell for in Canada is different then what they cost in the states.

Stockers & Feeders:
Good Steers over 900 lbs. Avg. And Sold Up To
Good Steers 800-900 lbs. Avg. And Sold Up To
Good Steers 700-800 lbs. Avg. 1.22 And Sold Up To 1.26
Good Steers 600-700 lbs. Avg. 1.29 And Sold Up To 1.35
Good Steers 500-600 lbs. Avg. 1.35 And Sold Up To 1.46
Good Steers 400-500 lbs. Avg. 1.48 And Sold Up To 1.66
Good Steers 300-400 lbs. Avg. 1.45 And Sold Up To 1.64
Good Heifers over 900 lbs. Avg. And Sold Up To
Good Heifers 800-900 lbs. Avg. And Sold Up To
Good Heifers 700-800 lbs. Avg. 1.10 And Sold Up To 1.16
Good Heifers 600-700 lbs. Avg. 1.17 And Sold Up To 1.20