• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Harding County People

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Really I know there are bears in Canada. But are there any in Harding County? I really didn't mean to start anything about predation it was just an idle comment. Doesn't anyone from Harding County read this forum. :(

Sorry, gunslinger. I've been busy and missed your post. Yeah, I guess we've got a black bear or two. I understand somebody trapped one over in the Long Pines and GF&P came out and turned it loose again. I haven't heard any reports about them lately but folks have been seeing quite a few mountain lions and a wolf or two every once in a while. We've got hundreds of bald eagles too, but as far as I know the grizzlies haven't come back... and it was a grizzly that got Hugh Glass over by where Shadehill reservoir is now, just east of us. The last black bear seen on our place was by my husband's grandmother picking berries with the kids about 1910. We haven't seen one since and can't say we've missed them.

Latest posts