• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Hay Maker!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tom S

Reaction score
Get your butt up here next weekend. They have the Two Cylinder shebang. The auction's just a part of it. Click on the May 7th auction on their homepage, for some reason that wouldn't link on here.

http://www.midwestauctions.com/talberg/_private/index.html

Tom S said:
Get your butt up here next weekend. They have the Two Cylinder shebang. The auction's just a part of it. Click on the May 7th auction on their homepage, for some reason that wouldn't link on here.

http://www.midwestauctions.com/talberg/_private/index.html

Man that sounds like fun,but too much going on around here to travel that far.I been trying for years to make it that far north,they have a lot of antique tractor collectors and tractors up there.Do you have any two cylinders TOM?...............good luck

Yup, have a "50" that's in perfect running order and still use it for real around here. Good tractor to train kids on with the hand clutch, I started my career driving a "B". It was a real bear, used to plow with it when I was young and when I would get to the end of the field I'd have to let it rest like a team of horses. When the water temp went down in a bit, back the other way.

Tom S said:
Yup, have a "50" that's in perfect running order and still use it for real around here. Good tractor to train kids on with the hand clutch, I started my career driving a "B". It was a real bear, used to plow with it when I was young and when I would get to the end of the field I'd have to let it rest like a team of horses. When the water temp went down in a bit, back the other way.

Tom if you have a "50" in good shape that is original IM jealous,which letter tractor did the "50" replace anyway was it the :B" ? I just bought a 37 model A I like to work on it in the evenings when I aint too busy........good luck

The 50 did replace the B, I'm not positive but didn't the 60 replace the A?

I still remeber when we got the 50 in the late 60's. A local machinery jockey got it from Louisiana. It was working in the rice fields there. The tires were different than any up north for the rice fields. But they've been replaced a long time ago. In all the years we've had it the largest repair job was a chunk of carbon getting stuck under the exhast valve. It happened at night picking corn and I was driving, the fire shooting out the exhast pipe was pretty cool. Total repair cost $15 for grinding the head.
I can tell you that tractor is not leaving here as long as I'm alive.

Tom S said:
The 50 did replace the B, I'm not positive but didn't the 60 replace the A?

I still remeber when we got the 50 in the late 60's. A local machinery jockey got it from Louisiana. It was working in the rice fields there. The tires were different than any up north for the rice fields. But they've been replaced a long time ago. In all the years we've had it the largest repair job was a chunk of carbon getting stuck under the exhast valve. It happened at night picking corn and I was driving, the fire shooting out the exhast pipe was pretty cool. Total repair cost $15 for grinding the head.
I can tell you that tractor is not leaving here as long as I'm alive.

Well hopefully you have some kids to leave it to,Its kinda neat to have an ole tractor like that that has family history and worth more now than it was purchased for new.How is your weather up there ?you fixin to get busy?............good luckTOM

Oats is in almost two weeks and will start working corn ground tommorrow. Been snowing off and on today, was out in the calving pasture this afternoon and was in a whiteout! The newborns seem to handle the flurries and wind OK though. Supposed to warm up later this week, I'll have to keep an eye out on the posters west of me and see how it is out there. The last week we've been getting Manitoba weather. No wonder some of them are so grouchy! :wink:

Tom S said:
Oats is in almost two weeks and will start working corn ground tommorrow. Been snowing off and on today, was out in the calving pasture this afternoon and was in a whiteout! The newborns seem to handle the flurries and wind OK though. Supposed to warm up later this week, I'll have to keep an eye out on the posters west of me and see how it is out there. The last week we've been getting Manitoba weather. No wonder some of them are so grouchy! :wink:

We just about got the planting done here on the hill country place ,I need to start cutting costal south ILL be down there a while then back up here to cut these cane type grasses by then fall will becoming on strong ,always plenty to do............good luckPS are the canuckle heads extra grouchy today or is it just my imagination?

Latest posts