• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

hey haymaker!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Chuckie

Reaction score
i'm in a pretty good mood tonight cause i won a big bottle of "crown" on the cattle market this week--all i have to do is make sure somebody pays up. should be no problem, though.

i got over feeling sorry for myself, so you don't need to worry about me honey. not pouting tonight!lol :lol:

I could use a shot or two now, but the house is empty, liquor-wise. You're pretty smooth with Haymaker tonight, too!

You girls better leave that CROWN alone you're mean enough without it LOL....................good luck

I think most women like a good wine,I work some cattle for an ole lady and she offered me a glass of wine on more than one occassion,always turned her down till one day I decided I would visit a spell, we sat out by her pool and I talked cattle and weather with her till dark,and got a little unsteady on my feet ,I dont recall the brand but I do recall feeling like hell the next day............................good luck

And if you drink enough of it, your head! Oh, the pounding headache! I don't mind a glass or two of wine, has to be white, every now and then. But my drink of choice is a vodka paralyzer. With all that milk or cream in them, you have to drink alot before you actually get good and drunk. Not much of a hangover the next day either.

reader (the Second) said:
Found one last bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. The best. Late dinner with teriyaki salmon (whoops) and garlic roasted potatoes with my beer.

YOU GIRLS ARE GETTIN MIGHTY FANCY TONITE ALL I HAD WAS RIB EYE AND WHISKEY..................GOOD LUCK

HAY MAKER said:
reader (the Second) said:
Found one last bottle of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. The best. Late dinner with teriyaki salmon (whoops) and garlic roasted potatoes with my beer.

YOU GIRLS ARE GETTIN MIGHTY FANCY TONITE ALL I HAD WAS RIB EYE AND WHISKEY..................GOOD LUCK

hamburger steaks, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn on the cob and my "special" hot cocoa :wink: :wink: :wink:

it's a good thing i had marinated pork loin chops and FRESH asparagus with apple crisp tonight (drenched in heavy cream), or i'd be jealous of salmon, hamburger steak w/gravy, etc., etc...

can i send my baby boy to help you guys with the extra groceries?? :) he does work hard when he's not sleeping!! and he IS motivated to work (vs. sleep), to get a car to try to get girls. of course, i WOULD have to have a spare set of keys... i also have a baby girl (13 in a week :cry: ), so i don't know which to sight the shotgun on first... :roll:

i have to tell you that, after having mapped out EVERY wild asparagus patch in 3 counties in Indiana, plus my dad having 2 50' rows of it, coming out here was quite a shock: there is NO store-bought asparagus that compares with fresh. so i planted some, and we had the first tonight. almost as good as.......

anyway, the apple crisp recipe tonight was from Betty Crocker's "Cooking Basics", using granny smith apples. my baby girl made it while i was grounded out of th e kithchen, so that's the best i can tell ya, other than it was GOOD, and can't be TOO hard to make.

BTW, speaking of backberries, reminds me of south carolina, the awesome blackberries there: i was pregnant (with the baby boy), used to walk down thru the pasture intending to pick enough to make jam, but always seemed to founder on them before the jam got made :oops:

Shelly said:
But my drink of choice is a vodka paralyzer. With all that milk or cream in them, you have to drink alot before you actually get good and drunk. Not much of a hangover the next day either.
The reason for not much of a hangover the next day is probaly because the mix had very little sugar in it. A sweet mix is what gives the hangover.
The sweeter it is the worse the hangover.

You ladies drinking stories reminded me of this little story:

A lady goes to the bar on a cruise ship and orders a Scotch with two drops of water.

The bartender gives her the drink, and she says, "I'm on this cruise to celebrate my 80th birthday and it's today."

The bartender says, "Well, since it's your birthday, this one is on me."

As the woman finishes her drink, the woman to her right says, "I would like to buy you a drink, too."

The woman says, "Thank you. Bartender, I want a Scotch with two drops of water."

"Coming up," says the bartender.

As she finishes that drink, the man to her left says, "I would like to buy you a drink too."

The woman says, "Thank you. Bartender, I want another Scotch with two drops of water."

"Coming right up," the bartender says.

As he gives her the drink this time, he says, "Ma'am, I'm dying of curiosity. Why the Scotch with only two drops of water?"

The old woman replies, "Sonny, when you're my age, you've learned how to hold your liquor. Water, however, is a whole other issue!"

This is Rancher's wife.

Apple Crisp

1 cup sugar pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup flour 4 large granny smith apples

Cream butter and sugar together, add flour, salt and cinnamon (I add a pinch more cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg). Mix well. Peel and slice apples thin. Put in a 2 quart dish and spread sugar mixture over top. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 375 degrees for about 1/2 hour until apples are tender. If you don't have granny smith I add a touch of lemon juice to make the apples tart.

MRS Rancher that one of my weaknesses,sweets IM gonna print this and post it on the ice box till it gets made,thank you............good luckPS sorry about the message at the bottom mam its not intended for the ladies,.

Latest posts