• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Loomix Guy.......

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It's a "joint venture" between ADM/LOOMIX and QLF. QLF has 12 plants in the US, LOOMIX has 4. Ingredients "should" be able to be sourced for less money...added value for the customers.

I didn't hear anything negative about this. LOOMIX will be available in areas it never was before, due to QLF's mills locations and reduced freight costs. Otherwise, it sounds like bidness as usual.

What I don't like, personally, is this...the LOOMIX home office has been closed. All calls, orders for product, and tech services are done through QLF. So I have a whole new system to get used to and new people to deal with.

I've been doing this for 19 years. I was there when PM Ag Products owned the company, then the investment group, then ADM, and now this. I really, really don't like change....but it'll be OK. I don't see this as a negative in any way. If anything, it should be a positive for customers of both brands.

Yes, terminology is important. A JV, not a merger. I've made my way through dozens of these business changes in the feed industry. (except the last one! :? ). For what its worth, I know a few of the sales reps from the QLF side. Good guys.
Just my 1.4 cents worth. Canadian dollar is only at 70 cents today.
Good luck

I have been impressed with the QLF people I've met. They seem like a good group. I do like & appreciate the fact that QLF is a family owned company.

loomixguy said:
I have been impressed with the QLF people I've met. They seem like a good group. I do like & appreciate the fact that QLF is a family owned company.

Loomix used to preach about being family owned also.......then they sold out to ADM. The bigs just get bigger, same song, 2nd verse......

The last family that owned LOOMIX was the Loomis family in California. That was a looong time ago.

When the investment group owned LOOMIX, you had everybody's home number & they were there to help 24/7/365. ADM...M-F, 8-5. I think the JV with QLF will get us back to the way things used to be...and that's a good thing.

if you've ever had a deal about done, in good common sense mutually agreeable fashion---then brought in a lawyer to 'look it over' you might have noticed they try to change things, evidently to justify a bigger bill......in Loomix, I'll betcha' some bean counter or other bright mind will say "hey.....we can source this component cheaper by using this, getting it here, swithing to that, etc....." and maybe they can. Then the guys in field's phone will start ringing: " hey, my cows don't like this now----or my cows eat too much now.....or what the hell did you do?!---this WAS working great, dammit!"

Wrong. The primary products we sell are patented. You can't f with the ingredients or the way the product is "built" or milled. Every batch is sampled & tested to make sure it's up to OUR standards and matches the feed tag. We're not looking for least cost formulas...we're looking for formulas that perform.

Wrong? maybe. I was speaking from experience---take phos, several sources, some of which are cheaper--but less available than others. take energy or protein---many sources, you can meet the tag with but it changes palatability and consumption.

I dunno---maybe loomix might not have people that play these games. For the sake of the people dealing directly with users--and users--- I hope they don't. On a related note, my 'scientific' kid has been doing some interesting things with local ingredients "it's about fiber digestion/utilization, Dad....." we agree----we never try to starve a profit out of any animal, deal or anybody else---but meeting all nutritional requirements----@ lowest possible cost---is a worth while goal. I've said for yrs---anyplace that you see 'cooked tubs' being sold for supplement----it's a birdnest on the ground for a competent liquid feed fabricator or salesman. I back my kids and give 'em rope and let 'em run, my 'liquid' deals lately are oil------I do like bargains. but the cows are the ones paying the bills. Good luck to ya'

FWIW, our ORE-BAC products patent was for fiber digestion. We proved that we digested 34% more fiber than any other product out there.

Now there are upstart companies (some founded or staffed by former LOOMIX employees or dealers) producing liquids that are marketed as being "just like LOOMIX". But I'll guarandamntee ya they aren't. We've been doing this since 1952.

Latest posts