• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Mike....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
Since you are at least a half bubble of level, did you ever hear of a band called BR5-49 ???
If you did do you like'em??? I do!!! :lol:

Yea I've seen those guys, I'm pretty sure. Can't recall anything they've done that jumps out at me though.
BR-549 was Junior Sample's (of Hee-Haw fame) phone number when he did the used car ads on the show. By the way, Junior Sample and Paul McCartney were big buddies.

Kinda country rock group?

Mike, I think "Cherokee Boogie" was the title of their tune that got a lot of airplay.
They are kinda rock-a-billy,kinda hard to describe.
Just something a little different from the mainstream. :)

We are having a big "Throwdown" at a friends weekend cabin tomorrow night. "Bobby Moore and the Rythm Aces" will be entertaining. They had a couple of hits back in the 70's. These are black guys who used to front Lionel Ritchie & Commodores, but guess what? they love rockabilly and country.
They play some Hank Williams kinda bluesyed-up, all the way to Dwight Yoakum.
Hoping a lot of people show up cause I'm picking up 10 kegs of beer.

Looked up BR-549, I don't know those guys. I was thinking of a little "small-time" band I saw once with that name.

Mike, Would that be the same guys as "The Amazing Rythm Aces" of "Third Rate Romance" fame??

Sounds like a fun weekend. 10 kegs of beer,huh?? Is there a spot nearby where I could land my LearJet??? :lol: :lol:

TimH said:
Mike, Would that be the same guys as "The Amazing Rythm Aces" of "Third Rate Romance" fame??

Sounds like a fun weekend. 10 kegs of beer,huh?? Is there a spot nearby where I could land my LearJet??? :lol: :lol:
No, Russ Smith (lead singer and guitar player-Amazing Rhythm Aces is doing studio work only, tired of traveling. He's a session picker now, or, was a few years ago.

Bobby Moore & the Rhythm Aces is where Russ got the name though. Bobby is old now, older than me. Almost ancient.

Yea we can get your Lear in! The number to call for the Aircraft Control Tower is BR-549-OU812! :wink:

Mike said:
By the way, Junior Sample and Paul McCartney were big buddies.

Kinda country rock group?

Mike, either you are the king of trivial pursuit or you have waaaayyyyy too much time on your hands!! :wink: :D

TimH said:
Hey Mike, How was your "throwdown" on the weekend? Was 10 kegs enough?? :wink:

Oh boy! A large time was had by all! Had about 1/2 keg left over when I left at 3 A.M. Next time we'll get the CO2 bottle setup for the kegs, cause it seemed like we "pumped" all night.
Band was good. The "Old Man" sat in his chair at the microphone all night played his sax, and sang a few. Bass player, drummer, horn section, (1 sax - 1 trumpet -1 trombone) were awesome! "Blackground singer" girls were very good too! (By the way - they all had blonde wigs, short skirts, and did a whole set of Tina Turner tunes ) :lol:

Bout 2:00 A.M. I thought I was really dancing good until someone stepped on my hand! :shock:

Latest posts