• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Mike.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
Mike, Wasn't Henry John Deutchendorf from Montgomery or Mobile, originally??

And ,while I'm thinking of Montgomery, have you ever heard the John Prine song titled "Angels From Montgomery"??? I like!!! :lol:

Sorry to bother you so much.......but I was fixing a gearbox today and I was thinking of you for some reason?!?!??? :lol:

PS. Sorry!! I know that was uncalled for! :?

TimH said:

And ,while I'm thinking of Montgomery, have you ever heard the John Prine song titled "Angels From Montgomery"??? I like!!! :lol:

Sorry to bother you so much.......but I was fixing a gearbox today and I was thinking of you for some reason?!?!??? :lol:

Yes John Denver was an Air Force brat here in Montgomery. His dad was a general at Maxwell AFB.
Bonnie Raitt did a remake of "Angel from Montgomery". She sings a lot better than Jon Prine. :lol:

No bother at all. I bet the gearbox that reminded you of me was sleazy. :wink:

Let me tell you what a genius I am. :wink:
I 've got one of those "water reels" for irrigation and pump out of a pond with a pump hooked to the PTO of my tractor. The pump is 540 PTO rpm so to get the pump up to the proper pumping rate I had to run the tractor at 1900 RPM (engine).
I made an adapter with a male 540 and a 1000 rpm female hookup. I changed the tractor to 1000 rpm pto (just swap ends with the shaft) and now run the pump at 1100 engine rpm's. Saves me about 35-40 gallons per night on fuel costs. That baby's just sitting there idling!

Mike- "Saves me about 35-40 gallons per night on fuel costs"

With the price of fuel now, ya GOT'S to do that!!! :shock:

I gotta run away now. A friend of mine is having a bonfire/piss-up tonight. He's is an Angus breeder but I've never been too fussy about who I drink with anyway!!! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Mike said:
TimH said:

Yes John Denver was an Air Force brat here in Montgomery. His dad was a general at Maxwell AFB.
Bonnie Raitt did a remake of "Angel from Montgomery". She sings a lot better than Jon Prine. :lol:

No bother at all. I bet the gearbox that reminded you of me was sleazy. :wink:

Let me tell you what a genius I am. :wink:
I 've got one of those "water reels" for irrigation and pump out of a pond with a pump hooked to the PTO of my tractor. The pump is 540 PTO rpm so to get the pump up to the proper pumping rate I had to run the tractor at 1900 RPM (engine).
I made an adapter with a male 540 and a 1000 rpm female hookup. I changed the tractor to 1000 rpm pto (just swap ends with the shaft) and now run the pump at 1100 engine rpm's. Saves me about 35-40 gallons per night on fuel costs. That baby's just sitting there idling!

Say Mike how big a field can your water reel handle,I like your latest brain storm,I got a creek with springs and deep holes that run along side of a couple small fields one is 7 acres and one is about 26 acres I been wondering how to get some thing like that to work..............good luck PS becareful of "tiny tim"I found out he watches the Benny Hill show regularly :wink:

My little reel will put down 1 to 1 1/2 inches of water on 10-12 acres in one pull (12 hours) Works pretty good on small fields - and helluva lot cheaper than a pivot - plus, it's portable.
I usually irrigate at night because of wind, evaporation, etc. I do a lot of food plots in the fall for hunters, because they all want to have green stuff up during "Bow" season. (October)

Mike said:
My little reel will put down 1 to 1 1/2 inches of water on 10-12 acres in one pull (12 hours) Works pretty good on small fields - and helluva lot cheaper than a pivot - plus, it's portable.
I usually irrigate at night because of wind, evaporation, etc. I do a lot of food plots in the fall for hunters, because they all want to have green stuff up during "Bow" season. (October)

That dont sound all bad ,mind if I ask the approximate costs?..............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Mike said:

That dont sound all bad ,mind if I ask the approximate costs?..............good luck

Initial costs for PTO pump, reel, hoses, etc. was around $8000 -$10,000 if I remember correctly. Bought this get-up about 6 years ago.
Google "KIFCO WATER REELS" and take a look.

Mike said:
HAY MAKER said:
Mike said:

Initial costs for PTO pump, reel, hoses, etc. was around $8000 -$10,000 if I remember correctly. Bought this get-up about 6 years ago.
Google "KIFCO WATER REELS" and take a look.

I will ,thanks for the info.............good luck

Latest posts