• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Murgen

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Aren't we all?

I think I'm going to sleep in tomorrow and do some thinking about life and all it offers. Not sure if we need a building to figure out all Gods gifts and our purpose.

If we all would spend a little more time thinking about our impact on the world around us and the people in our lives, it would do a world more good than to show up on Sunday morning, and then go about our merry ways and continue on the same.

Not sure the "building" gives me what we're looking for, but it's important that we spend a little of each day, thinking about the people in our lives, and treating them like the souls they are! Tomoorow, bring a grin to someones face! :D :D :D :D

Murgen, I'll be interested to hear just how long you can Think.

(Be sure to use a watch with a second hand.)

And at the end of the original Thinking, then what?

This is my own experience.
"Thinking" usually becomes what I'd call "Rehashing". Same old ideas/perspectives. My Thinking lasts barely a minute if I'm lucky without circular rehashing rearing its head.
It has never for me been the same as or productive as reading or hearing what the Creator of the Universe has said. Imagine that. :lol:
Or trying to hear how He actually wants me to change. Ah, there's the rub.
I used to believe the Church Building wasn't important. Now for me it is being with the assembly of people trying to grow in faith that is vital- otherwise it is back to the circular rehashing.

nr....."Now for me it is being with the assembly of people trying to grow in faith that is vital- otherwise it is back to the circular rehashing"
I'm with you on this.

Murgen said:

Aren't we all?

I think I'm going to sleep in tomorrow and do some thinking about life and all it offers. Not sure if we need a building to figure out all Gods gifts and our purpose.

If we all would spend a little more time thinking about our impact on the world around us and the people in our lives, it would do a world more good than to show up on Sunday morning, and then go about our merry ways and continue on the same.

Not sure the "building" gives me what we're looking for, but it's important that we spend a little of each day, thinking about the people in our lives, and treating them like the souls they are! Tomoorow, bring a grin to someones face! :D :D :D :D

Your correct we have a fellow at our church actually a couple of them that are the worlds biggest pricks 166 hrs a week that leaves them 2 hrs a week to leed the sunday prayers.

After church one day I asked one of them "Hows it going"he replies with more cuss words than a sailor standing right on the front steps boy I was shocked.The other fellow would screw his own mother out of her last dime but sunday morning he's in the front pew.

I think serveing god can be done from any location but you have to live it 7 days a week not 1 or 2 hrs on sunday morning.If you live life on the right path you will make it to heaven but if you live your life on the wrong path but sit in the front row every sunday your not going to heaven.

While I am on it another thing that chaffs my a$$ about church is when you go and they spend half of each sunday sermon TELLING you how much of your money to tithe If I have it I will give it but if I dont I wont I dont believe money will buy me a free pass....

I'm with you Denny and Murgen. We also have the same type here that sit in the front for their two hours and can't wait to get out the door so they can be who they really are. One of these guys came up to me on a Monday when we were working a neighbors cows and said to me "yesterday morning I was hunting and shot a 7 point bull that jumped the fence into your pasture. Hit him real good I think but didn't have time to go look for him, it was time for church. You can have him if you find him." Now is that any way to treat one of God's creatures just so you can go sit in a building and pretend to care? But then on the other hand, those are the ones that have repenting to do. Too bad they don't practice what they preach.

Murgen said:

Aren't we all?

I didn't really want the sermon, I was just wondering if you had another date. :wink:

Latest posts