• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

hey.Neil Waugh,"R" you postin tonite

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
Remember that 10 pointer I got a while back ? well guess what...........
IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

Looks like you and elmo been laying down pretty hard on that Knob Creek.

Man that's good stuff! :lol:

Neil Waugh said:
What's goin' on Hay Maker? You, Elmo and Rooster not ridin' with the Dickel boys anymore??

elmo came over to help me make sausage,and brought the refresments,we made about 80 pounds.
next week I will go over to his place and help him. You got you venison back yet ?
good luck

I wish you was closer Haymaker- I'd fix you up and really keep that smoker busy...They just opened up another special hunt where you can buy up to 6 more doe tags...There was over 100 deer standing in the field across from my house this afternoon......

They even extended the elk season for cow elk- but you had to be on the waiting list for the elk permits or have an unfilled one...

Oldtimer said:
I wish you was closer Haymaker- I'd fix you up and really keep that smoker busy...They just opened up another special hunt where you can buy up to 6 more doe tags...There was over 100 deer standing in the field across from my house this afternoon......

They even extended the elk season for cow elk- but you had to be on the waiting list for the elk permits or have an unfilled one...

Well who knows,maybe I will get caught up around here some day and me and you will do a lil hunting and whiskey drinking.
And always a good time to get a few old geezers together makin sausage and telling lies.
we used to have some old timers from the old butchers club showing us youngsters :roll: how to make sausage but most of them are to old to get around anymore.
I think everyone of them used good whiskey in their sausage recipe.
good luck

careful Oldtimer, sounds like Haymaker is gonna get you drunk and play with your sausage!

Yup, got it back from the meat cutter before Christmas. Sittin' in the garage freezer right now until the tests get back from SRD. Sad to say but we got CWD drifting in from Saskatchewan. Started in a pet shoot there and just spread.
Since we give some of our meat away Herself wanted me to send the head into Margo at the government just to make sure. Some of the relatives are crazy enough as it is.
That makes three things Albertans are defending the border against.
Rats. Mad deer. And Liberals. So far I reckon we're winning.

jigs said:
careful Oldtimer, sounds like Haymaker is gonna get you drunk and play with your sausage!

I got a better idea..............send your wife down here to Texas and let her make my sausage :shock: if she has those lil ole dainty hands like you do Im sure she can get a grip on it :D :D
good luck
PS Dont be surprised if she dont hurry back.

Neil Waugh said:
Yup, got it back from the meat cutter before Christmas. Sittin' in the garage freezer right now until the tests get back from SRD. Sad to say but we got CWD drifting in from Saskatchewan. Started in a pet shoot there and just spread.
Since we give some of our meat away Herself wanted me to send the head into Margo at the government just to make sure. Some of the relatives are crazy enough as it is.
That makes three things Albertans are defending the border against.
Rats. Mad deer. And Liberals. So far I reckon we're winning.

I sure did'nt know yall had to have your deer meat tested,what are the experts saying now ? any chance of eradicating it,the CWD that is,you aint ever gonna get rid of rats and liberals..............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
jigs said:

I got a better idea..............send your wife down here to Texas and let her make my sausage :shock: if she has those lil ole dainty hands like you do Im sure she can get a grip on it :D :D
good luck
PS Dont be surprised if she dont hurry back.
I will see what I can do, but I bet she will hurry home..... the old saying is wrong, the ONLY thing big in Texas is the egos!! :wink:

Ya did hear that when those ole guys from texas die they bury them in matchboxes......................................they just poke em with a needle and let all the hot air out.............they then fit nicely. :lol:

passin thru said:
Ya did hear that when those ole guys from texas die they bury them in matchboxes......................................they just poke em with a needle and let all the hot air out.............they then fit nicely. :lol:

what do they do with old farts like you,leave em in the out house,seems appropiate

I feel for you Neil we got Albertans drifting in from the west too-a couple hard winters shoiuld send them scurrying back west I'd imagine lol.

Everytime the Riders play at Commonwealth the place is a sea of green.
Can't all be folks heading down the Yellowhead looking for tax-free bargoons at West Edmonton Mall.
Where the heck did they all come from, Northern Rancher?
But yer right, there's going to be a lot of heart ache for those Alberta people sinking their hard earned money into those crap condos in Saskatoon when that bubble goes pop.
Geeze, we're getting a little side-tracked from Hay Maker's sausage thread.

Neil Waugh said:
Everytime the Riders play at Commonwealth the place is a sea of green.
Can't all be folks heading down the Yellowhead looking for tax-free bargoons at West Edmonton Mall.
Where the heck did they all come from, Northern Rancher?
But yer right, there's going to be a lot of heart ache for those Alberta people sinking their hard earned money into those crap condos in Saskatoon when that bubble goes pop.
Geeze, we're getting a little side-tracked from Hay Maker's sausage thread.

Yup, we are getting away from the fine art of sausage makin,but I suppose its gonna be hard to stop em,sure got alot of pilgrims around here,being 40 miles north of San Antonio,has em thick here.
I been slowly selling out,plan on moving once more,where there aint alot of people,dont mean to come across as anti..social,but we caint even haul hay or equipment on the roads,to many bicycle riders
good luck & Happy New Year

And a happy one to you, Hay Maker. I'm just putting a little wax on the planks then heading for the slopes.
A ring of yer Texas kubasa sure would come in handy up there. I'll have to make do with a ring of Mundare.
I'll be mixin' in with a bunch of Calgary numbskulls so it could get a little testy. Not unlike those San Antonio bicycle jockies I suspect.
If you don't hear from me I'll be lying in a bunk in the Invermere hospital. Hope that good luck you keep wishin' folks rubs off.
Elmo ever get up on skiis? That would be quite a wreck I suspect.

Neil Waugh said:
And a happy one to you, Hay Maker. I'm just putting a little wax on the planks then heading for the slopes.
A ring of yer Texas kubasa sure would come in handy up there. I'll have to make do with a ring of Mundare.
I'll be mixin' in with a bunch of Calgary numbskulls so it could get a little testy. Not unlike those San Antonio bicycle jockies I suspect.
If you don't hear from me I'll be lying in a bunk in the Invermere hospital. Hope that good luck you keep wishin' folks rubs off.
Elmo ever get up on skiis? That would be quite a wreck I suspect.

Nope ,not many ski'ers around here and I dont susect ole elmo would take to it much.
I been watchin the news reports seems like lots of snow on the slopes,seems to me that could be a little dangerous,flying down those slopes,with George Dickel :D
becareful and take some pictures.
good luck

Latest posts