• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Northern Rancher

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowsense

Reaction score
You posted a little while ago about finding all the family treasures in the attic. Last week I was sorting thru some old Cattleman magazines I was ordered to throw out. Takes quite a while to toss them as you have to read them all over again. The Nov./1995 cover kind of caught my eye and sure enough it was.............NR; you said you were famous; we just didn't know how famous! :wink: You look pretty calm holding that black calf down......must have been a little bit prior to the EXT's :!: :wink:

That was a pretty fun day when Larry Thomas came out to do that story. I borrowed an old gelding for him to ride then proceeded to tell him that I'd Bought him from Franklin's cause he was getting sour in the bucking chutes-that got his attention. Yeah that was before the EXT's for sure-my little bay mare got me right on top of him and I managed to snag him first loop-talk about being flukey in front of the camera. How can you throw Cattleman away I have 35 years worth of them saved up lol.

NR-Like I said orders; The bookstand is collapsing under decades worth of cattlemen and breed magazines; I need to move them to move my office desk to where I've got room for the computor equip. and all the other electronic whizbangs that make life so easy and joyful!!!! :???: :???: Actually I haven't destroyed any of the mag. collection yet and may give them one more year :!: :lol:

I'll take the breed mags if you have to get rid of them lol. I actually have a 'Better Beef Business' issue from the early '70's where Jim Leachman has a full page add as a Chianina breeder-now there's some history lol.

I wish you were right reader-it's really hard to recreate the northern Saskatchewan dialect in print-go to 'Brockett 99' and it captures it as good as anything. My kids anmd I just like to play with accents-we'll go on a roadtrip and talk in the accent of the day the whole time-pretty funny stuff at times.we do a mean Roy D. Mercer which you don't hear much in our neck of the woods. As for the lol-I confess I do like to laugh.

Then you and yours should live long and large. Finding humor in things makes life . . . well, it just makes life good.

I never saw people shying away from somebody who has a healthy view of the lighter side of things. Your posts always seem to reflect that, NR. Keep it up.

Yep, NR, your good old "Cowboy Humor" always shines through.

I :heart: it as I love laughter.

Our grandson is a laughing noisy kid. But he's never been a pouter so he gets away with alot with gramma. (I never had much use for a poutin' person, be it man, woman or child.)

Boy NR, I hope R2 don't expect a quick study on Meadow Lake cowboy logic.......could take a while to sort thru the stories........the ones that you dare tell her anyways! :wink: :twisted:

I've been keeping them pretty tame for sure lol. I'll maybe give R2 a copy of my novel when I get it done-being terminally lazy isn't moving the completion date up but it's coming lol.

Latest posts