• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

hey Per

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hayguy

Reaction score
would you mind keeping these thunder showers on your side of the river? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

there not real conducive for making good hay :wink: :wink: :tiphat:

I have my share of them too. Bit of an unstable day. Just got back from Strathmore, plenty of carnage between here and there.

per said:
I have my share of them too. Bit of an unstable day. Just got back from Strathmore, plenty of carnage between here and there.

some big rain in Calgary today, eh? 2 storms with the rain/hail blowing sideways. 2 min. later it seemed to be blowing the other way. :???:

the storm that came through last night about 8pm was the blackest one i've ever seen. went to find the camera and by the time i got back out 5 minutes later it had started to break up. the plane was up seeding the clouds, one brave pilot, in my estimation

what side of the city are you on Hypo?

per said:
I have my share of them too. Bit of an unstable day. Just got back from Strathmore, plenty of carnage between here and there

and you didn't swing by for a coffee? :lol2: :lol: :wave:

hayguy said:
the storm that came through last night about 8pm was the blackest one i've ever seen. went to find the camera and by the time i got back out 5 minutes later it had started to break up. the plane was up seeding the clouds, one brave pilot, in my estimation

what side of the city are you on Hypo?

NE

We have gotten pummeled 2 days in a row as well.
Yesterday I had to take refuge at Save On foods when in RD and heading home , the power went out then the store flooded so they closed the doors to everyone except us poor schmucks inside. Rather be in there than on the Highway at that time.

Fields are trashed around here :( Got caught walking home this afternoon when the hail storm hit us, btw even marble sized hail hurts when it hits you. :roll:

hillsdown said:
Yesterday I had to take refuge at Save On foods when in RD and heading home , the power went out then the store flooded so they closed the doors to everyone except us poor schmucks inside. Rather be in there than on the Highway at that time.

Fields are trashed around here :( Got caught walking home this afternoon when the hail storm hit us, btw even marble sized hail hurts when it hits you. :roll:

i trust that you carry crop and hail insurance,are your hay crops salvageable?

hayguy said:
hillsdown said:

i trust that you carry crop and hail insurance,are your hay crops salvageable?

We think/hope we will be OK . If we had a haybine we might be in trouble but with a discbine we can usually get almost everywhere .
Thanks for asking HayGuy :)

Latest posts