• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Porker

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Talk to the owner or the CEO at ScoringSystem. I have been using the database for years and never had a mis Q . I don't think anyone would use a broken database with information leaks in it. Why don't you call your fellow Ont. rep as he must be close by. He has his own web site. Or call the owner of Posie Packer in Guelph.

Mr Kanitz says: Any Country's government or official gov. organization's at their cost can come to do a official audit of the running database and check on the 7 REDHAT unix server sites around the world . He says that no one from Canada has even called as he checked with the CEO.

All products are scanned incoming and out going plus scanned when health or data is needed to be collected such as commingling
http://www.scoringsystem.com/scoringsystem/sandbox/sales/files/Governments_Certifiers_ScoringAgTraceback_Livestock.pdf

PORKER said:
Talk to the owner or the CEO at ScoringSystem. I have been using the database for years and never had a mis Q . I don't think anyone would use a broken database with information leaks in it. Why don't you call your fellow Ont. rep as he must be close by. He has his own web site. Or call the owner of Posie Packer in Guelph.
Mr Kanitz says: Any Country's government or official gov. organization's at their cost can come to do a official audit of the running database and check on the 7 REDHAT unix server sites around the world . He says that no one from Canada has even called as he checked with the CEO.

Bill ~ I am quite sure the lady in your life would love a bouquet of posies that are traceable to their country of origin. :wink:

S.S.A.P. said:
PORKER said:

Bill ~ I am quite sure the lady in your life would love a bouquet of posies that are traceable to their country of origin. :wink:

Yep its a lot different tracking flowers than cattle that are co-mingled at many stages of the process.

You can see by the dancing that Porker has done that ScoringAg is no where near ready to handle a truly integrated cattle tracking system. Not sure who is really in North America but I guess we are going to find out.

Bill said:
S.S.A.P. said:
PORKER said:

Yep its a lot different tracking flowers than cattle that are co-mingled at many stages of the process.

You can see by the dancing that Porker has done that ScoringAg is no where near ready to handle a truly integrated cattle tracking system. Not sure who is really in North America but I guess we are going to find out.

Bill, face it. You don't want tracking or COOL if it labels your product because it tells the truth as to the country it comes from.

If you don't like the tracking system that Porker has don't buy it. It still isn't going to stop MCOOL.

Stop trying to be a bully on this subject. Your point of view has lost out in the laws of our land and this is all you can do about it, picking on Porker?

How about an advertising campaign instead?

Tex

I expect that's the next step. Traceability is a marketing advantage, and we need to use everything we can to cancel out the disadvantages that have come along with all this BSE nonsense such as the issue of SRM's that are giving us a lot of costs you don't have.

The traceability is actually also being pursued more in an effort to move into places like Europe, and such, who are interested in accountability and quality in their food imports. We are a smaller group of cattle producers in this country, and can move a lot faster than the unwieldy assortment of in-fighters in your country.

As we speak, negotiations are going on between Canada and the EU that do include beef. They are not going to want implanted cattle, so rather than try and shove our protocols down their throats, we are developing the system where we can guarantee them the beef they want. The pieces are falling into place, and it's only a matter of time. This market is being described as being as important as the U.S. market, and maybe even more important. Whatever, the more markets we have access to, the better. Much like having more than two packers to bid on your cattle, eh?

Finally, our government is starting to pursue alternate markets, which can only be a good thing in the long run.

Now it would be interesting to see what the reaction from south of the border is when it is realized that when we go for alternate markets, that also means we become competitors in the export field, rather than captives of U.S. market. We will no longer be part of your system as much as competition for it. And I would think that along with new trade ties with other countries we will become customers for their goods rather than for U.S. products.

Now, if we could just get the big boys out of our packing industry and turn it over to Canadians we'd be set.
:wink:

Kato said:
I expect that's the next step. Traceability is a marketing advantage, and we need to use everything we can to cancel out the disadvantages that have come along with all this BSE nonsense such as the issue of SRM's that are giving us a lot of costs you don't have.

The traceability is actually also being pursued more in an effort to move into places like Europe, and such, who are interested in accountability and quality in their food imports. We are a smaller group of cattle producers in this country, and can move a lot faster than the unwieldy assortment of in-fighters in your country.

As we speak, negotiations are going on between Canada and the EU that do include beef. They are not going to want implanted cattle, so rather than try and shove our protocols down their throats, we are developing the system where we can guarantee them the beef they want. The pieces are falling into place, and it's only a matter of time. This market is being described as being as important as the U.S. market, and maybe even more important. Whatever, the more markets we have access to, the better. Much like having more than two packers to bid on your cattle, eh?

Finally, our government is starting to pursue alternate markets, which can only be a good thing in the long run.

Now it would be interesting to see what the reaction from south of the border is when it is realized that when we go for alternate markets, that also means we become competitors in the export field, rather than captives of U.S. market. We will no longer be part of your system as much as competition for it. And I would think that along with new trade ties with other countries we will become customers for their goods rather than for U.S. products.

Now, if we could just get the big boys out of our packing industry and turn it over to Canadians we'd be set.
:wink:

I think you have it nailed, Kato. Getting from here to there is the tough part but must be done and I wish you well on it. The best thing for producers in both our countries would be to get market control back away from a limited amount of packers. They have created and profited from the bse factors and their market control and the producers have been hurt. The Packers and Stockyards Act should have been enforced with the supply coming from Canada instead of market power being used by packers so they were the primary beneficiaries.

These situations are well thought out by packers and their power over politicians and markets. Our governments have to be a little more competent in addressing these situations instead of everyone being caught in the spin by these guys. We have a problem with politicians catering to them and their wealth and power and not setting things straight in policies or in the courts when laws are broken.

Tex

Tex said:
Bill said:
S.S.A.P. said:

Bill, face it. You don't want tracking or COOL if it labels your product because it tells the truth as to the country it comes from.

If you don't like the tracking system that Porker has don't buy it. It still isn't going to stop MCOOL.

Stop trying to be a bully on this subject. Your point of view has lost out in the laws of our land and this is all you can do about it, picking on Porker?

How about an advertising campaign instead?

Tex

Not sure how expecting a salesman to back up their product is bullying. Porker has gone on and on for years about how Scoring AG is the be and end all of traceablility. It may work for posies but lets hear how it works in the real world of the beef business.

BTW traceablility is coming to the beef business in both countries and thats not what mCOOL is.

Sorry Bill not to answer right away but had to get ready for going to Michigan Ag Expo in East Lansing this week. Lot 104 can talk all about ScoringAg, just ask for Mark or Dave

Please look at this link; http://www.meatbooks.com/newsevents.html

and call ScoringAg at headquarters

http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstream/37576/2/confp20-07.pdf

Check Page 7 Bill

Latest posts