• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Pure Country

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
Not sure if you still lurk here, but it seems to me you moved down to the Kettle River area and wondering if you are keeping dry. Listening to the news it sounds pretty bad down there.

Thanks for thinking of us. We sold that place after going through the wildfire in 2015. Had just gotten some fences rolled up and pastures reworked when a South African family come along and offered us a good price. Didn't have it listed but we sold it and moved on. Bought a place in the Kootenays where hay grows without 24 hour irrigation, and now we've flooded 2 years straight. That coincided with my family in Alberta asking us if we wanted to move back to the ranch, which also coincided with getting offered a consulting job close to the ranch in Alberta, so we're moving back to said ranch this summer once the halflings are out of school. Already took one load of yearlings for Ma and Pa to babysit. Looking forward to no fires, no floods, and although it may be dry, sandy country, we'll have all of our family within 100kms. And after 5 years apart, that's enough reason to move for me. :wink:

Sounds like BC has been an adventure for you, but there is no place like home. Especially if home has a well paying job nearby. I was lucky enough to have a consulting job in the patch that for the last seven years had me home every night and a good schedule which was good for ranch life and family. I quit doing that this spring to ranch full time though, so that will be my new adventure.
Glad to hear you are okay and going to be back close to family.

I can appreciate wanting to be nearer to family. After 42 years we have made the circle and are now close to where we started. Sounds like things are working out for you. Moving is a chore, but it's not
unbearable. Good wishes to you and your family.

Welcome back to the neighbourhood... Good luck with the move.

Thanks folks. Congrats to you Silver, glad things worked out for you too.

And ya, when it comes to packing, the last time we bought a sea-can, and the trucker who moved it said we must have been jigsaw puzzle champions because he'd never seen one packed so tight, or as heavy on his truck. :lol:

PureCountry said:
Thanks folks. Congrats to you Silver, glad things worked out for you too.

And ya, when it comes to packing, the last time we bought a sea-can, and the trucker who moved it said we must have been jigsaw puzzle champions because he'd never seen one packed so tight, or as heavy on his truck. :lol:

I know one guy that can pack like that, and believe me, it's a rare talent. :D

Latest posts