• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Soap...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver

Reaction score
.... I've been wondering about Jinglebob lately and thought you would know how he was doing. Still miss him on the site. Do you suppose if we all promised to behave he'd come back and at least say hi? :shock: :D

Jinglebob is still kickin, he's been doing a lot of poetry, He has a blog you could follow... http://dennisranch.wordpress.com/ Hope you don't mind me answering this...

Ranch Mom said:
Jinglebob is still kickin, he's been doing a lot of poetry, He has a blog you could follow... http://dennisranch.wordpress.com/ Hope you don't mind me answering this...

Thanks!!! :D

Hey Silver. Been dong to good by the looks of my gut, but I got some Halflingers I been feedin' the few cows with and that helps. I drop in once in a great while. Never seems to be much that needs me to post anything, but ranchmom said you'd asked so I thought I ought to come say Hi, anyway. :)

We have 6 grandkids now and another on the way in May. 4 boys and two little girls. One just turned one year old a few days ago. the other was born in February of last year. Bein' a grampa is a cool gig! :)

Great to hear from you JB!

Congratulations on the batch of grandkids, I can bet that they can sure make a persons life nothing but better. Hopefully I'll have my own in a few years (although I tell the kids they are not to get in a hurry lol)
I was just reading up on your blog, things are looking pretty good on the place. Glad to see you're still building saddles, a saddle of yours is still on my wish list but Mrs. Silver says I don't ride enough these days to justify a new saddle. I claimed if I had one of yours I'd be more likely to spend time in the saddle :shock: I don't think she's buying what I'm selling :?

Silver said:
Great to hear from you JB!

Congratulations on the batch of grandkids, I can bet that they can sure make a persons life nothing but better. Hopefully I'll have my own in a few years (although I tell the kids they are not to get in a hurry lol)
I was just reading up on your blog, things are looking pretty good on the place. Glad to see you're still building saddles, a saddle of yours is still on my wish list but Mrs. Silver says I don't ride enough these days to justify a new saddle. I claimed if I had one of yours I'd be more likely to spend time in the saddle :shock: I don't think she's buying what I'm selling :?

Go for it, Silver. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission!

Congrats on all the grandkids, JB. You are a lucky feller.

Welcome back, Jinglebob. I heard on Jim Thompson's radio show (KBHB 8:10 A.M.) that you will be his guest coming soon, but I don't remember if it is this Friday or Monday next week. Should be a good show, and Jim said he hopes you bring your guitar. Jim Thompson's show is on from 1 p.m until 2 p.m. MST, Mondays through Fridays.

You sure make some very nice saddles, and I'll bet one would fit Silver just fine. :)

Here's a question, Jinglebob. If you have two Halflingers, is that the same as having a Flinger? :???: :wink:

Soapweed said:
Welcome back, Jinglebob. I heard on Jim Thompson's radio show (KBHB 8:10 A.M.) that you will be his guest coming soon, but I don't remember if it is this Friday or Monday next week. Should be a good show, and Jim said he hopes you bring your guitar. Jim Thompson's show is on from 1 p.m until 2 p.m. MST, Mondays through Fridays.

You sure make some very nice saddles, and I'll bet one would fit Silver just fine. :)

Here's a question, Jinglebob. If you have two Halflingers, is that the same as having a Flinger? :???: :wink:

What if you crossed them with a 1/4 horse?

Might have to get Sir loin doing some critical thinking on that one. :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Soapweed said:

What if you crossed them with a 1/4 horse?

Might have to get Sir loin doing some critical thinking on that one. :lol: :lol:

It seems to me that if you crossed the whole Flinger with a 1/4 horse and got half the genes of each you'd end up with Half-flinger 1/8 horse...so where did the other 3/8 go? I should have let Sirloin jump in on this but I had to ask the question. That should make him sharpen his pencil. :wink:

Dang, you just got to drag me back into this don't you! :D

I am not sure Soap. Maybe a Wholeflinger would be correct. But I have four so I guess I have 2 Wholeflingers! From what I can find out, Halflingers came from crossing Belgians with Arabs. Seem to be two types. One more thinner and more of a saddle type and the other thicker and more of the draft type. Mine are full brothewr4 and sister and full sister. the full sisters are a bit smaller and more refined with more sensitivity to them and don't seem to have quite as much get down and pull to them and the gelding and sister seem to be thicker headed and thicker hided but dang sure will get down and pull. I am in hopes of having a four up eventually and driving them four abreast also. I used the older set to rake hay this past summer and then pitched some on a low boy wagon and hauled it up and built a small stack in front of a hay feeder. Wasn't any more work than idiot cubes, but did take a bit longer I guess. But what's time to a horse? :D

Yes, I will be on JT Live on Monday about the upcoming event at Beslers Cadillac ranch on Saturday the 76th with Ken Cook, Marty Blocker and Paul Larsen. Beslers is between Spearfish and Belle Fourche. We tried to have this program on Saturday the 19th of November but got snowed out. We will do it this time no matter the snow as by now, people have remembered that even if it snows, they can still get there. ;-)

We are calling it, "When the Works All Done this Fall" and hope to make it an annual event. We are doing a show at 2 pm and another at 7 pm, so that the older folks andf the folks with little kids can come in the afternoon and the younger ones and ones who want to stay and dance afterwards can go to the later show. Hope it works as we are doing it pretty much on our own. No one comes, no one gets paid even mileage! And I'd hate to do that to Ken and Marty. Me and Paul are close enough it wouldn't be too big of a deal for us.

And Silver, as slow as I am at building them saddles, go ahead and order one. By the time I am done she will have agreed to it! ;-) LOL

Got one here for myself I been piddling around with for over a year! I really need to get it done as Chance wants my old one.

Faster horses said:
jinglebob, yoi said " Saturday the 76th ". Could you clarify that a bit,
please, as we'd like to attend. Not sure when it is...

It's a short time after Roy's Oct. 32nd. :wink: :lol:

Faster horses said:
Oops, typo. Saturday, January 7th, 2012 at 2 pm and another show at 7 pm. Hope you can make it!

Jinglebob said:
Faster horses said:
Oops, typo. Saturday, January 7th, 2012 at 2 pm and another show at 7 pm. Hope you can make it!

Good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise... :D ...we'll be there!!

Latest posts