• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Tumbleweed Txn--look at this ad!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I read this and immediately thought of you.
Talk about timing!!! :D

MAKE ME AN OFFER $$$:
Big bone and hip. 10-yr old Driftwood Buckskin
stud. Hancock, Blue Valentine and Doc Bar.
Weanlings, yearlings, 2-yr olds, bred broodmares
and geldings. Red, blue and bay roans,
buckskins, duns, greys. NO REASONABLE
OFFER TURNED DOWN.
308-440-0920.

That 308 prefix is Nebraska.

:D

You're welcome. :p

That is a Kearney number. Let us know if you head that way. We might tag along. :D

I'm not too interested in the 10 yr old stud, but I would like to see what else he has. I tend to shy away from the Doc Bar stuff a little. It has been my experience as well as a couple of others I know of, that horses with a good share of Doc Bar just don't have that extra bit of stamina. Before everybody starts chuckin rocks, I don't dislike Doc Bar, I just like other stuff a little better.

Doc Bar is probably one of the biggest influences there are in QH's and there is a place for his bloodline. That being said, in my opinion, when it comes to big circle type horses, Doc Bar blood seems to diminish the effect of some of the desired traits of other bloodlines that are better for this type of work. To me, Doc Bar blood almost guarantees a good general purpose horse. On the other hand, there are other lineages that really excel at different tasks. We have some good little general purpose type mares, so I will let the Doc Bar influence come in thru them. I do not want any Doc Bar in the stud.

That is an interesting ad FH and I may just give him a call. I have been planning though on trying to buy a stud or stud prospect next year. The reason for that is money. After being down with a broke back for 2 1/2 years I am just now getting to where I can move again. I have alot of catching up to do and I'm finding new things that need attention everyday. I have sorta been planning on hitting the "Come to the Source" sale in August and the day after is the "Select Hancock Breeders Production Sale" at the Ogallala Livestock Market. Both of these sales have what I am looking for. Chances are though, I will end up buying from someone who has exactly what I want, but is unknown. Those productions sales depend on their name to bring in the money and the truth is, if a person is patient, he can find the same or better bloodlines alot cheaper from someone who is'nt trying to sell a name.

One thing though, when I do find that perfect stud, he will be BLUE. There's that color prejudice again. LOL. FH, do you remember Gary Tarver? He is one of those country breeders here who has the type of blood I've been talking about.

I gotta get some horses sold though before I do much. Awhile back we figured up that we had 22-23 head and we decided that was too many and we should probably sell some. Well, I got them all in a few days later. It was the first time in a looooong time that all of the horses had been in the corrals at the same time. After counting all of them, I decided it would be better to relay the count to the Hostile Native by phone. We had 30. Since the we have sold 4 head. Since selling those 4 head we have had 4 colts born. I gotta sell some horses.

Tex

Sounds like a plan to me. I knew you wouldn't want the stud,
but I thought you might have fun talking to the guy.

I'm sure you know Doc Bar is a son of Lightening Bar who is
a son of Three Bars with My Texas Dandy on the dam's side.
So there really is some stamina in his bloodlines. And not
all Doc Bar's are small horses...not that I'm trying to convince
you of anything, I'm not. :p

But anyhow, good luck!! Get those horses sold!! And I'm really
glad your back is better, finally. You had a long bout with that.
I did hear about some really
good meds that come from Mexico that works well on pain in
backs and they are cheap, cheap cheap. My cousin takes them
and swears by them. 100% natural--she took them to her doctor
before she took them. They have helped her more than anything
she has tried. They are available on line.

Now how did I get off on that subject? :roll:

Cheap, natural pain meds from Mexico? I think the DEA kinda frowns on marijuana. LOL. Besides that, it did'nt help me. There was a time there when I hurt so dang bad, I tried it. Did'nt do anything but give me a stomach ache on top of back pain. When ya hurt as bad as I was though, you forget about the stigma and will try anything. Good thing it made me sick though, 'cause Im to poor to be a dopehead.

I am going to call that guy, because Im interested to see what he has. I was'nt trying to be disparaging about Doc Bar. The stud we have now has some of it. I just tend to think that for what Im wanting, a little bit goes a long way.

Tex

Wish those horses were closer, would'nt mind startin another 2 year old.
the right kind at the right price.
good luck

PS Yes blue, I know you dont ride the color but...................

I called those folks FH. All together they have about 12-14 hd and the way she talked they are on 20 acres. The people live at Loop City, Nb. Other than the stud, they have one weaner baby horse colt and he is a buckskin type roan. Everything else is she stock. The way she talked, she has several roans, bucksins and grays. Again though, all she stuff. She has some nice blooded mares that she is willing to let go at killer price with papers and breeding certificates. They have some good blood and I think for someone interested in mares there is a deal to be had.

Tex

tumbleweed_texn said:
Hey HayMaker, aint it gettin hot down there? Why don't you come up here for a few days. Me, you, H and LazyWP can go on a roadtrip and look at some horses. Maybe go to Billings and watch the sale.

Tex

If you take H with you to the sale, you'll never get there. You'd have to stop everytime you saw a place that had a goat or 3! :shock: :wink: :lol:

tumbleweed_texn said:
I called those folks FH. All together they have about 12-14 hd and the way she talked they are on 20 acres. The people live at Loop City, Nb. Other than the stud, they have one weaner baby horse colt and he is a buckskin type roan. Everything else is she stock. The way she talked, she has several roans, bucksins and grays. Again though, all she stuff. She has some nice blooded mares that she is willing to let go at killer price with papers and breeding certificates. They have some good blood and I think for someone interested in mares there is a deal to be had.

Tex

That many horses on 20 acres? That just makes me shudder. :(
Maybe I've watched too many 'Animal Cops' programs.

tumbleweed_texn said:
Hey HayMaker, aint it gettin hot down there? Why don't you come up here for a few days. Me, you, H and LazyWP can go on a roadtrip and look at some horses. Maybe go to Billings and watch the sale.

Tex

Yes hot already seems like we are getting a ill more rain tho than years past,
Thanks for the invite I can't get away right now have a few obligations, but don't be surprised if your on my list when I head North, if you see some old dusty
trail bum that needs brooming off before he can come inside, that"ll be me.
Good luck

Latest posts