• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey you guys

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
The other thread was getting Hijacked just when haymaker was going to tell us his POSITION with in R-CALF. Bet you guys didn't know that he was a VIP. The I stands for IMPOTENT.
He was also going to tell us about getting his 25 year pin for payed up dues in R-CALF. :wink: :cowboy:

BMR, what cattle producer's org. do you belong to and how has it helped keep the markets competitive in Canada? How long have you belonged to them if any?

Econ101 said:
BMR, what cattle producer's org. do you belong to and how has it helped keep the markets competitive in Canada? How long have you belonged to them if any?

I belong to the SSGA and have been a dirtector since 2000. My dad was a director in the 60s and 70s. It is a volunteer organization and we are the voice of the cow calf producer in Sask. Altho many of our members do feed cattle we also have the Sask Cattle Feeders org. in the province. The SSGA is the affiliate to the CCA. the SSGA the SCF and the CCA all lobby the governments on policy and legislation. The CCA deal mostly with federal politics and the provincial orgs deal with their own provincial governments.
We have a committee structure consiting of a Beef com, a Policy and Trade com., Land use com. and Promotion com. you should come up and see for your self. We have competion in the cattle markets in Canada. The only time it was limited was when the border was shut down. It didn't matter how many packers we had when we had no outlet for the production.
http://www.skstockgrowers.com/ Check it out. we have been around since 1913. That's about 85 years longer then R-CALF.

Econ101 said:

Econ101,you took the bait,big dummie has been trying to get some one to ask his about his political aspirations for years :D :D :D ...........good luck PS he is becoming a pain in the ass with that minor leauge org.

HAY MAKER said:
Econ101 said:

Econ101,you took the bait,big dummie has been trying to get some one to ask his about his political aspirations for years :D :D :D ...........good luck PS he is becoming a pain in the ass with that minor leauge org.

So when are you going to fill us in on your "Position" with R-CALF? ASHAMED? :cowboy:

I will make you a deal,big dummie,it took you about 3 years to admitt to being Mr Tam,so in three years I will explain my R CALF ties in detail,if you are still around :wink: ...............good luck
PS end of subject

Big Muddy rancher said:
Econ101 said:

I belong to the SSGA and have been a dirtector since 2000. My dad was a director in the 60s and 70s. It is a volunteer organization and we are the voice of the cow calf producer in Sask. Altho many of our members do feed cattle we also have the Sask Cattle Feeders org. in the province. The SSGA is the affiliate to the CCA. the SSGA the SCF and the CCA all lobby the governments on policy and legislation. The CCA deal mostly with federal politics and the provincial orgs deal with their own provincial governments.
We have a committee structure consiting of a Beef com, a Policy and Trade com., Land use com. and Promotion com. you should come up and see for your self. We have competion in the cattle markets in Canada. The only time it was limited was when the border was shut down. It didn't matter how many packers we had when we had no outlet for the production.
http://www.skstockgrowers.com/ Check it out. we have been around since 1913. That's about 85 years longer then R-CALF.

So do the packers in Canada not discriminate against the markets and a cash base price as they did here in the U.S.?

HAY MAKER said:
I will make you a deal,big dummie,it took you about 3 years to admitt to being Mr Tam,so in three years I will explain my R CALF ties in detail,if you are still around :wink: ...............good luck
PS end of subject

Heck everybody knew who I was Big Muddy rancher, and Tam is her own self. what's the problem with that. Also everybody that mattered knew who both of us were. You were just to fixated on Miss Amazed to pay attention to who everybody else was. Speaking of miss Amazed don't you think she might be just a little jealous since you posted the picture of your "FRENCH HUSSIE" over on Coffee shop?

You had better start campaining if you expect to get elected to R-CALF in the next three years. Or maybe you were lying about you "POSITION" :!: :cowboy:

Econ101 said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Econ101 said:

So do the packers in Canada not discriminate against the markets and a cash base price as they did here in the U.S.?

Just like in the US you have options for selling your fat cattle. Do it the R-CALF way and take them to auction. Some on here say that's the best.
No law against it.
Take bids at the feedlot Know what you getting before the cattle leave the yard.
Sell them Rail grade. If you have good cattle you get paid for quality.
sell them on the grid. get paid premiums or take discounts. better know your cattle.
Hedge the risk with puts, options and futures. We don't use them. The feedlot where we feed has in the past but felt we did just as good with out.
This option was taken from us with the closing of the border as it is based out of Chicago
On the topic of supporting your cattle organization it could include even going to professional development days like the Cow calf symposium in Rapid City or Forage and Grazing conferences or their annual meetings. Do economists have a professional organization?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Econ I answered you are you going to answer me.
Haymaker when you going to fess up to being R-CALFs spitoon cleaner. :cowboy:

Almost all professionals have professional organizations. There has been a real problem with some of these organizations that publish articles for peer review to be gatekeepers for certain interests(you take a guess who). I do not believe Azzam's falls into that category.

BMR, do you not see how a discrimination against the cash market drove the cattle markets down in the U.S.?

Econ101 said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Econ I answered you are you going to answer me.
Haymaker when you going to fess up to being R-CALFs spitoon cleaner. :cowboy:

Almost all professionals have professional organizations. There has been a real problem with some of these organizations that publish articles for peer review to be gatekeepers for certain interests(you take a guess who). I do not believe Azzam's falls into that category.

BMR, do you not see how a discrimination against the cash market drove the cattle markets down in the U.S.?

So are you telling me that you have been ostrasized by your professional peer group?

I see that feeders have chosen marketing agreements rather then sell by bids. The feeders could take back the market if they wanted.

No, I have not. Don't know why you are jumping to conclusions here, BMR. I do know some that have, though.

Feeders could take back the market, yes. The problem is that it would require some collusive activity (it is not illegal to do this at all) and why not just enforce a law against market power than make others collude together to have the same market power?

Econ101 said:
No, I have not. Don't know why you are jumping to conclusions here, BMR. I do know some that have, though.

Feeders could take back the market, yes. The problem is that it would require some collusive activity (it is not illegal to do this at all) and why not just enforce a law against market power than make others collude together to have the same market power?

The reason I jump the conclusions is you never fully answer a question.

Why do we need a law to prevent something that both parties have consented to?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Econ101 said:

The reason I jump the conclusions is you never fully answer a question.

Why do we need a law to prevent something that both parties have consented to?

Because all of the feeders did not consent to the same thing. They act competitively and the market power people do not. There is a difference in economic power here.

There are two golden rules:

1) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

2) The one who has the most gold rules.

Our country's laws are premised on protecting everyone from 2). Number one is infinitely more devine and just.

He thinks the feeding industry needs phonies like him to save them from their own pricing mechanisms.

A REAL INDUSTRY SAVIOR!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
He thinks the feeding industry needs phonies like him to save them from their own pricing mechanisms.

A REAL INDUSTRY SAVIOR!

~SH~

Go read the PSA. That is the conclusion they came up with the last go round. I don't think they need me at all. They need an efficient justice system that understands the economic concepts behind the law and litteral interpretaions of the law. It is not too much to ask for.

Have you see Bush lately on how the law on spying on Americans is an "old" 1970s something law? I don't think this one is going to fly and it shouldn't. The fact is that the constitution is a lot older than that. It says the pres. can not make up laws and that he is not above them. I don't like to see republicans squirm but he sure did today.

Conman: "They need an efficient justice system that understands the economic concepts behind the law and litteral interpretaions of the law."

That is exactly what we have. A justice system that understands the economic concepts behind the PSA and the literal interpretation of those laws. That's why the 11th Circuit court upheld Judge Strom's decision. Your just crying in your beer because the packer blamers walked into the court room again without a stitch of evidence to support their claims and they lost. You can't accept it. Conspiracy theorist like you simply believe that a smoking gun has to be found where knives are used.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Conman: "They need an efficient justice system that understands the economic concepts behind the law and litteral interpretaions of the law."

That is exactly what we have. A justice system that understands the economic concepts behind the PSA and the literal interpretation of those laws. That's why the 11th Circuit court upheld Judge Strom's decision. Your just crying in your beer because the packer blamers walked into the court room again without a stitch of evidence to support their claims and they lost. You can't accept it. Conspiracy theorist like you simply believe that a smoking gun has to be found where knives are used.

~SH~

It seems to me that just recently Section 202 of the PSA was posted and you were asked to show where it alluded to competition between packers as Judge Strom interpreted it and not the packer/producer relationship. I was laughing out loud at how you stretched the meaning to try to fit what you wanted them mean. Remember trying to explain that the parts concerning monopolies were talking with competition between packers? :lol: :lol: You never could explain how packers could have a monopoly against themselves. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Literal Interpretation"? Didn't you mean to say "Liberal Interpretation"?

Sandbag: "It seems to me that just recently Section 202 of the PSA was posted and you were asked to show where it alluded to competition between packers as Judge Strom interpreted it and not the packer/producer relationship. I was laughing out loud at how you stretched the meaning to try to fit what you wanted them mean. Remember trying to explain that the parts concerning monopolies were talking with competition between packers? You never could explain how packers could have a monopoly against themselves.

"Literal Interpretation"? Didn't you mean to say "Liberal Interpretation"?"

Your suggestion that the Judges concern for competition between packers is a seperate issue from anti-competitive markets is truly laughable. Of course a packer can't have a monopoly against themselves but no monopoly exists. To suggest there is a monopoly when the largest packer only controls 32% of the market share shows that you don't even know what the term means. Preventing monopolies does guarantee competition between packers. only an idiot like you would not understand that.

You and Conman must take a lot of pride in seeing which one of you can be the most deceptive. You are both bottom feeders with your deceptive antics. Totally pathetic examples of humanity.

~SH~

Latest posts