• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sierraman

Reaction score
Well, I've moved in for college. Classes start a week from today. I've got my textbooks and I am meeting everybody. I'm in Abilene for those who want to know. I'm in a second floor room, great! Well, hey! :)

We'll miss you at the get-together, lil hippo. But I'm sure you'll be having a great time in your new surroundings. Stay away from those corndogs.
And don't forget to write us. We accept complaints and groans, too!

Keep your nose in those books, they'll keep you out of trouble :wink: plus get you good grades! Keep us up on how you're doing and the kind of classes you are taking. I really enjoyed college and made lots of friends, and I know you will, too. 8) 8) 8)

Hanta Yo

Week early so I can get to orientation. Classes this year are chemistry, english, pe, intro to ag and environmental technologies, Bible(life of Jesus), and University Seminar. I am in the Honors program. Nice to be back with y'all. Wanna complaint. How about this rain? I could complain a bit on that.

Sierraman said:
Week early so I can get to orientation. Classes this year are chemistry, english, pe, intro to ag and environmental technologies, Bible(life of Jesus), and University Seminar. I am in the Honors program. Nice to be back with y'all. Wanna complaint. How about this rain? I could complain a bit on that.

What is the university seminar topic?

nr said:
Sierraman said:

I don't know. Its a class of honors students though. I don't really know what you mean by topic. I think it has to do with knowing the university. I have a seminar class for the dept. too.

nr said:
Sierraman said:

I don't know. Its a class of honors students though. I don't really know what you mean by topic. I think it has to do with knowing the university. I have a seminar class for the dept. too.

Hey hippo...just today I took myself over and enrolled in a Spanish class at Odessa College. Classes start Monday!! I'm excited yet nervous. I've always wanted to be fluent in another language and what better than Spanish, especially while living in this area. I understand a lot, but after a couple of classes i hope to be a lot better.

Also starting September 8th and running until like October 18th or something for two nights a week, i'm going to take a Crisis Intervention course and then be an active "Volunteer" member on the Midland County Sheriff's Office Crisis Intervention Unit. The mission of the Midland County Sheriff's Office Crisis Intervention Unit is to provide assistance to law enforcement at the scene of a crisis, while lending comfort and support to the victims enabling them to regain some control of the situation. A "crisis" can range from suicide, homicide, car wreck, assult, rape, etc. It's an "on call" volunteer deal where I'll have to wear a pager and when the officer pages us out we go. Will be similar to my EMT work I used to do a lot, except this time won't beable to jump in and deal with phyical injuries...most of them will be mental. Of course i can only do it after work on and weekends some, but they said they currently have only 30 volunteers covering entire Midland County which has prolly between 130,000 - 150,000 people in it. Anyway, should be fun....we'll see.

Have fun in college!

TXTibbs said:
Hey hippo...just today I took myself over and enrolled in a Spanish class at Odessa College. Classes start Monday!! I'm excited yet nervous. I've always wanted to be fluent in another language and what better than Spanish, especially while living in this area. I understand a lot, but after a couple of classes i hope to be a lot better.

Also starting September 8th and running until like October 18th or something for two nights a week, i'm going to take a Crisis Intervention course and then be an active "Volunteer" member on the Midland County Sheriff's Office Crisis Intervention Unit. The mission of the Midland County Sheriff's Office Crisis Intervention Unit is to provide assistance to law enforcement at the scene of a crisis, while lending comfort and support to the victims enabling them to regain some control of the situation. A "crisis" can range from suicide, homicide, car wreck, assult, rape, etc. It's an "on call" volunteer deal where I'll have to wear a pager and when the officer pages us out we go. Will be similar to my EMT work I used to do a lot, except this time won't beable to jump in and deal with phyical injuries...most of them will be mental. Of course i can only do it after work on and weekends some, but they said they currently have only 30 volunteers covering entire Midland County which has prolly between 130,000 - 150,000 people in it. Anyway, should be fun....we'll see.

Have fun in college!

TX Tibbs and Lil Hippo- I am sooo glad to see the two of you are charging ahead giving your brains a workout unlike the rest of us wallowers turning to mental mush.

Latest posts