• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

High Drama in Farmington

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Ty drew stock this afternoon for the short go-a big paint bronc. We watched video but the other two outs this week he bucked the kids off in one jump. A great big rear out then threw his head at you-took it back but then settled down and kept it high. Ty figured hre could get by that first storm with an average rein. He went into the short go 17 points back of first but I told him just ride him the best you can-guys buck off broncs every day. I had the butterflies going when Ty nodded-he had his big rearout almost over backwards-got his feet then reared out again. They marking him 68 and he went to first with five left. In those five were Spencer Wright of Utah and Spencer Crawley of Texas-darned if they didn't buck off as well as the other two guys. So it came down to one-they cracked the gate and they threw a flag that he missed his horse out but the judges met on it and changed their mind. So Ty is Reserve National High School Champion-it turns out he rode his last horse with his right foot only in the stirrup an inch lol. Werre pretty darn proud of him-he did the best he could with the horses he had.

Totally AMAZING, NR. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks for keeping us posted.

YIPPEEEE!!!
I bet Ty is riding high and the rodeo coach at MSU as well.

A job well done!!
So good you all could be there.
Thanks for keeping us posted!!
That boy has a lot of talent and a heck of a dad and family!

Were all so proud of him but don't think all your support goes unnoticed. Ty isn't much of a talker but trust me it means alot to him!!!!

Congratulations Ty and family. :D

NR, is WL on the 8th-9th weekend? We'll see how haying goes, we have about 800 acres to cover before it snows and have just got started as the rain we got earlier this month made the meadows pretty wet again. I'll do my best to see you folks there.
If not, you could always take your chance to "see the west". :D

YYYYEESS!!!!! Way to go Ty - You did Saskatchewan proud .... heck, Canada is proud of you! You folks have a safe trip home. If you need a pit-stop just holler.

That is very exciting! Congratulations to Ty and to all of your family. What a great outcome, and the Grand Finale to a great season. Ty is off to a wonderful future, and the best part is that we "ranchers.net folks" can say, "we knew him back when he was just a youngster." Northern Rancher, you and your bride are to be commended for raising your kids right. :)

Great news :D

Congrats Ty, :D

He probably was able to handle those rear outs from doing those ab crunches hanging upside down in his tree stands. :wink: :lol:

Congratulations to Ty and the whole Wilson family! It sure has been a huge draw for me to watch for your updates, NR. Now this easterner will have to go through rodeo withdrawal, I guess!

Have a safe trip back home.

good job!!

finishing sencond will just make it that much sweeter to beat that kid in the NFR down the road...

Congrats to all of you!!!! It is just wonderful when a family can all bond together and savor moments like this!

The boy who won I think his name is Jarret Jandreau from south Dakota made a nice ride-the whole flag thing we'll just leave behind us. It wouldn't of been that good to win a national title on a bad call for Ty's sake. The champion covered three horses and deserved to win. Ty's last two horses were unridden all week.

Bravo!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!!!!!!! Snoopy dance everyone!!!!!!!!!
Of course it's always fun to be the winner, but sometimes more respect by others is given to others by their actions win, lose or draw.... (I think an old hockey coach told me this.) :wink:

Hey...Just Right..........Big enough deal to bring me out of the shadows. Glad for you and your crew.

Fantastic!!!

Way to go Ty and Wilson family. We have been helping put on our town's annual rodeo. I think we had some broncs last night Ty would have enjoyed!

Ty, you are definitely classy and have done us so proud. Thank you and your family for letting us be a part of your championship run. :tiphat:

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Great Job TY! Glad you all had a fun and successful trip. Be safe going home!

I think Spencer Wright is Cody's younger brother.

Latest posts