• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hillsboro trailers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I had a Hillsboro flatbed on a pickup once. That cured me of anything Hillsboro. There was a dealer near here years ago, he was a likeable fella and he sold a ton of Hillsboro trailers. Maybe it's me or maybe it's the way they salt the roads down in this country, but it seemed like it didn't take long for them to get all cancered out, and the paint sure never lasted.

Hillsboro is now owned by different people, but they are still krauts from Hillsboro..expect the minimum product at the maximum price, and very little "stand behind" of the product.

We've had an aluminum one since the early 90's and have absolutely no complaints. Other than tires we've done nothing to it (i have never even replaced a light). We use it hauling to town and on the prairie. It is what they called the "bull package" and it built as well as any other we looked at the time. We are very particular about things so it has always been shedded and we clean it everytime we use it, so maybe that helps. Based on our trailer I would definitly recommend one, but maybe with the change in times there are better products out there today.

I am not a fan of Hillsboro trailers either. The old ones were heavy, and the newer ones rattle. The biggest advantage to the older ones was that you could get them 7 ft wide, but now just about everyone makes something close to 7 wide. I also think a Hillsboro pulls hard.

although i have never seen one, there has been a lot of good reports on here about Denny's trailers. with this critical bunch theyv'e got to be good :lol: :lol: :lol:

i have a 7X20 Hillsbro Trailer, I bought it new in 1996 paid $6500 for it I am fairly well satisfied with it, About the only trouble I had was with the brakes. I believe I replaced a wheel bearing once, but it was still in warranty then. while I have always kept it outside it is not rusted out but maybe I don't use it like most people do. It's style is nothing special, I don't think they use very good paint, all in all it is about as stylish as a man hole cover. I don't like the fenders, they can bend and rub on the ties. It seems to me that there are only two or three basic designs for stock trailers, just a matter of the design you like. Some are more stylish then others. Most use about the same axles, so there is not to much of an issue there. If I was buying another trailer I would pay as much attention to the gates, and gate latches as anything. I really can't see where there should be much difference in the way a trailer pulls except for the weight of the material they are built with.

100_0598.jpg

100_0594.jpg
/IMG]

Here's one we build New 80x24 are $8995

2 center gates one slider one solid. 2-7000# axels with 9/16 wheel studs.

hayguy said:
although i have never seen one, there has been a lot of good reports on here about Denny's trailers. with this critical bunch theyv'e got to be good :lol: :lol: :lol:

commission? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

fine looking trailer Denny

Gates shut hard. Nose of trailers are huge and not good with cake box. Slidr on rear dont hold up and slide good. Pulls like a sled and baby calves absolutely hate loading in ours. Would much rather use our titan. O

Latest posts