• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hiring

Help Support Ranchers.net:

#1) Ask them if they know what NOT to do with WD40... :shock: :roll:

:lol:

Funny thing that you should show up today since it was just this morning that I told my son how NOT to clean mirrors...

Seriously, I did!

Just make sure they aren't related to you and everything will work out :D .
We have used word of mouth and for sure check references carefully. Another good tool if you can do it, is to contract some jobs to them first before making an offer. That will give you a pretty good idea of effort, work style, and reliability.

Pardon my ignorance, what don't you use wd40 on?

There used to be a fantastic vet at sterling ks that made a # 1 out of DMSO (wd40) spectamyacyn and tylan. If you were not too far behind, that #1 was magic. Dr Randolph left us way too young

Word is that WD40 is great for cleaning mirrors. Katrina can vouch for it's effectiveness. If you want to score brownie points with your wife buy her a big can of it for your anniversary and then stand back and watch in wonder as it does its magic. She will be speechless at the way it works.

Pay attention to the vehicle they drive up in. If it's full of trash, and looks like something that hasn't been maintained, or taken any pride in, that's how they likely will treat your equipment and their job.

Brad S said:
Pardon my ignorance, what don't you use wd40 on?

There used to be a fantastic vet at sterling ks that made a # 1 out of DMSO (wd40) spectamyacyn and tylan. If you were not too far behind, that #1 was magic. Dr Randolph left us way too young

It's a old story, but very funny, except to Katrina and she eventually came around.... :lol: :| :|

I think I'm catching on, who wouldn't want wd40 for a present, especially if it has a trigger topper with focus straw?

in an interview, I like the humble guy. the bold guy who can tell you everything and how good he is and how he can run anything, fix it all, do brain surgery and still have time to get the odds and ends done, usually is better on paper than in real life.... hire them with a 90 day probation period.

Traveler said:
Pay attention to the vehicle they drive up in. If it's full of trash, and looks like something that hasn't been maintained, or taken any pride in, that's how they likely will treat your equipment and their job.

Not too sure if that is true

My equipment is spotless

My truck ..... well ...... ;-)

jigs said:
in an interview, I like the humble guy. the bold guy who can tell you everything and how good he is and how he can run anything, fix it all, do brain surgery and still have time to get the odds and ends done, usually is better on paper than in real life.... hire them with a 90 day probation period.

Good advice Jigs.

Latest posts