• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

History book

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
I was looking at the "Happy Valley Happenings history book for our municipality and noticed under the Bannister family history( they lived around the hill from us where I cut hay now) the daughter Monica went to Hollywood and became a actress.I did a search and came up with this.
http://www.lordheath.com/index.php?p=1_521_Monica-Bannister
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0052407/

I thought that was pretty cool. :D
Hard to believe all the people that lived with in sight of each other in this valley. Not many here anymore.
Monty Montana just lived about 5 miles west along the border for awhile as well.

Well what's with that neck of the woods that it produces so many people who end up on the screen? :wink: Oops. I guess they ain't no woods!

Is there any evidence left of former building sites - foundations, etc? Around here it's still fairly populated but there are stretches of road where everything has been bulldozed bare where there once was complete set of farm buildings. Corn grows where a house once stood, not even a tree left.

every thing around here get's bulldozed,something bigger built, and then paved over. not always in that order :wink: they call it " Progress" :( :(

burnt said:
Well what's with that neck of the woods that it produces so many people who end up on the screen? :wink: Oops. I guess they ain't no woods!

Is there any evidence left of former building sites - foundations, etc? Around here it's still fairly populated but there are stretches of road where everything has been bulldozed bare where there once was complete set of farm buildings. Corn grows where a house once stood, not even a tree left.

just the cellar hole is a bit of a depression. :(

hayguy said:
every thing around here get's bulldozed,something bigger built, and then paved over. not always in that order :wink: they call it " Progress" :( :(

Around here they say the best paying crop rotation is corn, beans, asphalt...

burnt said:
hayguy said:

Around here they say the best paying crop rotation is corn, beans, asphalt...
Not the most ecologically sustainable rotation.

Latest posts