• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hole In Your Heart

Help Support Ranchers.net:

EmptyPockets

Reaction score
circleem.jpg

When I saw this circle in the evening sky I had to snap a photo of it. It inspired me to write a short poem. Thought I would share it with you all.

A lot of our friend and neighbors have experienced some sorrowful times this past year. Loss of loved ones and even pets make us feel sad. Not only death but thru divorce, soldiers being called overseas, or just those gone on missions. This is the time of year when we miss the most. I wrote this to express some of the feelings one might experience. Hopefully time will help soften the hurt but the good memories will always be with us.

I call it " A Hole In Your Heart"

Agony is nothing
Compared to the pain you feel
Will time be your best friend
And help this feeling heal?

With heavy heart you struggle
To keep your sanity
Prodding slowly forwards
To restore some vanity

You've always been so upbeat
And felt so very smart
But that seems so long ago now
Before this hole in your heart

They say the good Lord giveth
But he also taketh away
And when he does it's painful
No matter how hard you pray

Still you look for guidance
And faith from up above
Hopefully to fill this hole in your heart
With patience, goodness and love.

Thoughts and prayers are with all who have experienced trying times this year.----EP

[/img]

Thank you Empty Pockets. I love the picture, and the poem is exceptionally pretty. Thank you again for brightening my day.

MN Farm Girl

An exceptional picture, Empty Pockets. Thank you for taking the time to capture it and put it to a meaningful poem.

That was a beautiful poem, Empty Pockets. And you're right, Christmas is the hardest time when you look around the table and there is now an empty spot where a loved one used to sit.

Special meaning for me as my friend Gary Scharf, killed in the Omaha shooting will be put to rest Monday.
Thanks
efb

Latest posts