• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Holiday and/or New Years photos from 05-06

Help Support Ranchers.net:

007_7.jpg

Happy New Year. Hope your Christmas was Merry.

CKC:

I hope you'll enter your pic in the photo contest, and to do that you need to PM it to cert!!!!

I posted this question under the photo in the Photo Gallery, and I'll ask here since you might not see it there.

Forgive my ignorance, but what breed of cattle are those? Are they British Whites??

Nice pic--

TTB

Hi There! Haven't been back here to this site in quite a while. These cattle are Piedmontese. The breed orginates in Italy. They are an awesome breed. Have 2 copy myostatin gene and thus are naturally lean tender and juciy. There is a good market (growin too) for Piedmontese and Pied influenced cattle.
So how do I go about entering my picture?? Who do I pm it too???
Thanks.

CKC1586 said:
Hi There! Haven't been back here to this site in quite a while. These cattle are Piedmontese. The breed orginates in Italy. They are an awesome breed. Have 2 copy myostatin gene and thus are naturally lean tender and juciy. There is a good market (growin too) for Piedmontese and Pied influenced cattle.
Thanks.

Cool CKC---Welcome back!!!

I hope you weren't offended that I guessed the wrong breed--I've seen some Pieds on feed and research test---your look much more functional than those.

As for the contest, PM (private message) your picture to "cert" she is the keeper of the contest and does a great job!!! I'd put the contest name in the subject of the PM, then post your picture in the PM just the way you did here!!!

Cheers,

TTB

Turkey Track Bar said:
CKC1586 said:
Thanks.

Cool CKC---Welcome back!!!

I hope you weren't offended that I guessed the wrong breed--I've seen some Pieds on feed and research test---your look much more functional than those.

As for the contest, PM (private message) your picture to "cert" she is the keeper of the contest and does a great job!!! I'd put the contest name in the subject of the PM, then post your picture in the PM just the way you did here!!!

Cheers,

TTB

Gosh no offense taken. Yes I am pretty proud of my girls. This picture is of my cow and her threee daughters. I am missing her, I sold her in Louisville in November, got an offer I couldn't refuse. I retained a percentage of a flush so hopefully I will continue to get a few more of her offspring.

Latest posts