• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Holiday in Montana

Help Support Ranchers.net:

blackjack

Reaction score
We are planning a family holiday down in Montana... thinking about buying some ivomec... what are the things we should know about purchasing and bringing it back across the border?

Make sure you have a signed letter from your vet stating how many cows, calves and bulls you have. If you don't have it, they probably won't let you accross with it. They will let you bring enough back to do the total # of head that you have (at cow - bull sized dosages)

You cannot bring Ivermectin back for your friends, so either don't or bring it back under your own name.

Other than that, it is pretty straight forward, just go down and buy it wherever you want. They will allow some other products accross, but check before you go if you are planning that. Vaccines are a no go. Oxytetracycline and such you can (or at least they have let us) bring.

LOL......some of the Canadian generics are almost equivalant in price to US once you factor exchange etc.. Skip the border hassle and just enjoy your holiday......there's lots of other bargains (compared to the north side of the border anyways!) to spend your money on.
Have a good trip! :D

Blackjack, I buy all my drugs from my vet. He is comparable to UFA etc in price. My neighbor buys his in Montana and where ever he can get a deal. He pays a buck more a head to preg test than I do. It all works out in the wash. Have a good fun trip.

Our vet goes across the line to get his Ivermectin for his herd. Sends most of his customers there too. Most of the vets down near the border in this area do the same. They don't hardly carry ivomec anymore.

Thanks guys and gals... always heard how much cheaper ivomec was below the border...I'll stop and talk to my vet since he is on the way...guess we'll decide when were down there...going down through Havre do a circle and then back across at Kingsgate...looking forward to it.

Latest posts