• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Home Improvement, Anyone?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

montana cowgurl

Reaction score
Sooo Hanta Yo and I decided to take on the job of removing the carpet from the living room today, so that it would all be wood floor, since there's wood underneath the carpet. We already knew that the wood underneath was from a basketball court, so we'd have alot of work to do. Hanta had to leave earlier so she left me and my music to pull up all the staples. Oh and that was after I accidentally put the screwdriver through the base of my thumb on my palm you can see the hole where it went in and where it came out lol Hanta was like "Oh man how bad is it?" It wasn't that bad, I went back to work after feeling like I was gonna throw up and then putting bandages on it lol.

Down the hallway (we're tearing this up soon, too)
2-171819023.jpg

Living room (kinda dark, the flash wouldn't go off for some reason, then I couldn't take another pic cuz the carpet went bye-bye lol)
2-171819020.jpg

Down to the blue padding stuff underneath the carpet.
2-171819026.jpg

Down to the wood floor now.
2-171819038.jpg

Dirty as all heck!
2-171819035.jpg

Can even see black and red lines from the basketball court right here.
2-171819001.jpg

Sw hard at work trying to get the heater off so we could get the rest of the carpet out.
2-171819004.jpg

Anybody want to finish this for us?? :wink: :lol: Hanta Yo has to sand it down and put finish on it now

how about you all come on up and help me finish up work on the place in deer lodge when you are done....since, you are getting so much good experience at this "home improvement" thing and all!!! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

This was supposed to be someone elses job but somehow I knew how it would work out. When a person starts a job and then runs off to Helena to the legislature I think their priorities are a little skewed. I mean what is more important, the kitchen floor or helping elected officials make the right vote? Anybody got a pair of those knee pads?

The best thing about this kind of work is the end result...keep the pics coming as you progress. :)

pssstttt greg...Hanta gets a hard wood floor

We Just did this the past year.. Started with tearing the carpet out and than ended up sanding and staining the redoak floor underneath, and whatever the yellowpine upstairs.. We still have 3 rooms to do up stairs but that will have to wait.

Does anyone have nothing to do tommorrow? I am in need of a new pair of knees and an extra back. I been running the orbital sander since about noon, I need a break, so I am hiding in the office with an adult beverage pretending to be looking for ways to remove stains from wood. The project boss is still out there with the drum sander stirring up the dust like you would not believe. What funn this is. Does anybody need help calving heifers real bad, maybe I can get out of this yet. :wink:

sw said:
Does anyone have nothing to do tommorrow? I am in need of a new pair of knees and an extra back. I been running the orbital sander since about noon, I need a break, so I am hiding in the office with an adult beverage pretending to be looking for ways to remove stains from wood. The project boss is still out there with the drum sander stirring up the dust like you would not believe. What funn this is. Does anybody need help calving heifers real bad, maybe I can get out of this yet. :wink:

Come on down! :D

It must be that time of year, we too have been taking up carpet in favour of hardwood floors.

feb4001.jpg

feb4006.jpg

feb4005.jpg

feb4007.jpg

#1 main hall facing rear door, note the dust on the woodwork from sanding
#2 &3 the sun room facing the main hall

#4 Alice the cat she has to be in every pic.
redcountry
________
marijuana vaporizers

Redcountry...looks like the inside of your home is as nice as the outside :) I love the look of hardwood...its soooo warm feeling

sw said:

MAN OH MAN, WHAT A BUNCH OF WHINERS

Sheeeeesh :roll:

sw, after the first day of sanding, I gave you a wonderful backrub. I think I need the hot tub for tonight, though. Took 2 days of sanding, today we got most of the sawdust vacuumed up. Had to finish sanding underneath the kitchen cabinets by hand. Tomorrow we will put 2-3 coats of finish, move some stuff over to the finished part and put 2-3 coats in the livingroom. It will look sooooooo neat....we won't be staining, just clear finish coats. It really opened up the house removing the gross carpet...I think I'll be able to keep the hardwood floor cleaner than that dadgum carpet! :!:

No pain, no gain. The house will look soooooo much better. Rather than dwell on the pain, I look forward to the end result. We had to get this job done before we start calving, so I decided last Monday to git 'er done. I did do my civic duty giving testimony at a hearing in Helena, came home same day (4 hour drive one way), ran into a blizzard in the Little Belts, complete white out for 50+ miles, going 20 mph, sometimes having to stop because I couldn't see where I was going. I've never driven in such a blizzard in my life, and hope to not have to ever again :!: Sure did alot of praying that night. My biggest fear was someone coming up from behind me and not seeing me until the last second. Guess it wasn't my time yet.

Will keep you posted on our Home Improvement project. Everything should be back to normal by the end of this week :)

I tried to convince hubby to leave the bedroom floor bare wood but it was a no go. We spent yesterday tearing up the old carpeting to make way for new plus in the hall.

RedCountry, your floors and room are beautiful. Nothing as pretty as natural wood in my book. Looks like your plants are loving the exposure, too. And your electric eyed cat!

Bringin' this up, for those to see what it used to look like...

Now MCG has a new thread about the finished product...now we've finished this project, and before we started calving, guess it's time to be building new fences and tearing down old. The weather here has been very springlike, glad the house stuff is done, prefer to be outside when it's nice :D

Latest posts