• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Honda Side X Sides with automatic transmission

Help Support Ranchers.net:

There was somebody on here who's Dad had gotten one. Can't remember for sure but I think they thought it was a good machine but maybe hadn't used it for long yet.

My brother-in-law got a new 1000 Honda. I rode in it, drove it a little, and like it a lot. It is the only side-by-side I've seen that looks as good (or maybe a little better) than a Polaris Ranger 900. They are pricier but look like nice outfits. His didn't have power steering, but I would sure want that option before getting one.

Soapweed said:
My brother-in-law got a new 1000 Honda. I rode in it, drove it a little, and like it a lot. It is the only side-by-side I've seen that looks as good (or maybe a little better) than a Polaris Ranger 900. They are pricier but look like nice outfits. His didn't have power steering, but I would sure want that option before getting one.

Strange it didn't have power steering as even some of the Honda quads have it. :???:

We have a 700 pioneer with 4000 miles. Absolutely love it. The radiator is high enough that it doesn't fill with grass seed like the Polaris always did and it has more clearance. Our Honda dealer is local and if we need anything he has it. I don't like sorting cows with an atv but in case u do you can.

My dad has a Pioneer 1000 with the 5 seat option. Heck of a machine. They aren't cheap, and oil changes are expensive. Tires are hard to come by if you wreck one. All that said, it is twice the machine it replaced (JD Gator 825). Transmission is smooth, ride is smooth, power is incredible. His has about 1300 miles on it now.

Neighbour just bought the 1000 this summer. I took it for a little spin. This one did have the power steering. I was pretty impressed. It was quiet, powerful, rode and steered nicely, and was easy to get in and out of. These are all things that are important to me, and I will for sure give them a look when I decide to retire my old Polaris and the cattle prices look more promising lol

We bought a2019 Polaris 1000 and are really liking it.
I would say "we love it" but an old cowboy told us several times, "Don't love something that can't love you back." ;):)
We replaced a Honda Pioneer, the transmission was nice, and of course you can't beat a Honda engine, but the cab was crap, and Honda doesn't care. You could throw a cat out the cracks and the seat was so hot you could hardly stand to ride in the darn thing. This Polaris has a/c, a really nice cab with lots of cubby holes and a heater and windshield wipers. Very comfortable machine and they have made them much better for holding back when going downhill.

Latest posts