• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sw

Reaction score
Just got back from USMC graduation at San Diego. That is one impressive thing to see. May take me a couple of posts to put all of this stuff down but it will come. I would sell my left arm if I had to to do this again to pay for being there, these boys would die for me and you regardless if you are a conservative or a liberal if you are an AMERICAN. I lost it several times during two days that we were there to see these MEN.

earlystart.jpg

These boys are out of the rack at 0400 hours every single day for 13 weeks

2152.jpg

Platoon 2152, HONORS platoon, highest Physical Fitness, Highest written exam. highest Inspection, second Marksmanship

bulldog.jpg

The man that made this happen is no slouch
backscovered.jpg

I hate to tell Dis this but, real America supports our troops whether they are big or small, fat or tall.

2152a.jpg

Platoon 2152 following the four mile Motivational Run. We were cheering them so loud and so long that even the drill Seargents were shedding tears. We put our money where our mouths are.

2152.jpg

2152 at ease awating graduation and the end of Boot Camp

johndad.jpg

Marine and one proud Dad

fouramigos.jpg

Now friends for life.

semperfi.jpg

Great pictures! I bet you and Amanda had a great time, did John come home with you or is he coming later? Did my card get there on time? Congratulations to all of you :D :D

Understand your pride. My son is nearing 18 years of service and was a series commander at MCRD. We went to the ceremony and enjoyed it immensely.

Made us proud when a new Marine asked to have his picture taken with his commanding officer.

Did you know that the Marine base there is ONLY 40 acres. Don't know how they do it!!

John came home with us, we had a little bit of a late night last night and caught an early flight home. We spent the night with a bunch of the Marines having a few adult frosty beverages and when I woke up at 5 he was sewing on a button and shining his shoes cause he was wearing his dress'es home for mom to see when she picked us up. He has 17 days leave which he has to spend some of it as a recruiter. I told him that he has earned the right to be called a Marine and he should wear that uniform proud. He did, and everywhere we went people we telling him THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY, a little boy said, "I have never seen a real Marine in real life, COOOL." I'll have to ask if he got your latest card, he sure did appreciate all of your letters,

Congrats and GREAT PICS , you two. :D :D :wink:

You are right in saying that real America supports our troops.

The ones who don't are usually the ones who have not known the sacrifice of one's son or daughter in the military.

sw you have every right to be proud. And to anyone who has a chance to go to a Marine graduation... go. It will make you proud to be an American!

Absolutely incredible! Congratulations! You were out on Coronado Island weren't you? Cool bridge, huh?

Congratulations SW and to your Son. Being a Marine is like nothing else in the world it is something you carry for life. I haven't been to a graduation since I graduated but still remember it to this day.
Good Luck and SEMPER FI!! :D

Congratulations to your son, and thank you sw, for raising such a fine young man who is willing to fight (and possibly die) for his country. Tell him that we are very proud.

A neighbor's son just recently graduated from Marine boot camp. He was home on leave, and I had a chance to shake his hand and visit with him on Main Street of our little town. It was easy to see the self-confidence and pride of country that beamed from this young lad. He is strong, fit, trustworthy, and ready to do whatever is necessary to preserve the freedom of this great nation. It was very inspiring to get to visit with him.

About a week later, I happened to be at the home of his parents. They had gone to California to attend the graduation ceremonies, so I got to see photographs taken there. The buttons on his dad's shirt were about to bust with pride, and for good reason. It sure reaffirmed my proper respect and gratitude to be an American.

Thankyou for sharing the wonderful pictures. I wish everyone could tour a Marine base and see our wonderful men and women that defend us. We stayed at Camp Pendleton just before the Iraq war started. To see the troops moving out, leaving their families, is something I'll never forget. A big THANKYOU to all the families of our servicemen and women and our troops for your dedication and sacrifice for our country.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! My nephew went into the Navy, and my dad got to go to his graduation. My dad is a WWII vet. Dad was so excited and had such a good time. He tells bout the gun routine they did. It was impressive.

Most remarkable, sw! Thanks for letting us have a glimpse of the ceremony and the men.

Please tell your son, I am proud to be an American and MEN like him are the reason.

Best of life and luck to him. May God bless him in what he is about to encounter.

Thanks everyone. If at all possible everyone should be able to attend one of these graduations because they are awesome things to see and if you were not proud to be an American when you got there you will be when you leave. We will be forever in debt to Hanta Yo for letting us go and taking care of the place for me. Maybe she can go and put his wings on him when he finishes jump school. Those men had a hard time composing themselves when they finished the Moto run and the crowd was cheering them so loud. Most of them probably have never been cheered in their life for anything they have done. You could see the confidence in their eyes and feel the pride in their hearts, I had a great time with them and got to meet alot of them. I will have John read this thread and he can respond to all of your kind words. BTW, on the way home he told me that all of his platoon thought he was crazy because whenever they did something his battle cry was HANTA YO, and charge into it. Wonder where that came from?

Together Greg and I congratulate your young man,looks like he cowboyed up and came through with flying colors.....mom ,dad ,sis have a right to be proad of him!!!!

Latest posts