• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hopefully It was US Kobe Beef

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Interesting Bush quote in his State of Union speach "We want everyone to buy American"! :D

But then his Ag Secretary and USDA fight every effort to implement M-COOL so Americans can know where their food comes from :???: :mad:

An interesting part of the speach was listening to the FOX news reporters talking afterward--especially talking about the ritual press luncheon that they attended with the President earlier- all Tony Snow could talk about was the food--Kobe beef!!!

I wonder if it was US Kobe beef? Or was there even a way to tell where it came from :???: :( :mad:

Whats Kobe beef cost ? $70-80 + a lb... I'm not sure if thats good use of the taxpayer dollar just to schmooze up to reporters :roll: ....

Oldtimer said:
Interesting Bush quote in his State of Union speach "We want everyone to buy American"! :D

But then his Ag Secretary and USDA fight every effort to implement M-COOL so Americans can know where their food comes from :???: :mad:

An interesting part of the speach was listening to the FOX news reporters talking afterward--especially talking about the ritual press luncheon that they attended with the President earlier- all Tony Snow could talk about was the food--Kobe beef!!!

I wonder if it was US Kobe beef? Or was there even a way to tell where it came from :???: :( :mad:

Whats Kobe beef cost ? $70-80 + a lb... I'm not sure if thats good use of the taxpayer dollar just to schmooze up to reporters :roll: ....
:cry2: :cry2:
Would you rather they ate CHICKEN????????????????? Sheeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill said:
Oldtimer said:

Bill, what good does it do if they were eating Japanese beef instead of U.S. or Canadian beef to U.S. or Canadian producers?

Oldtimer said:

An interesting part of the speach was listening to the FOX news reporters talking afterward--especially talking about the ritual press luncheon that they attended with the President earlier- all Tony Snow could talk about was the food--Kobe beef!!! I wonder if it was US Kobe beef? Or was there even a way to tell where it came from :???: :( :mad:

Heard on the news OT that the Kobe beef they had was raised right up in alberta. :wink: So long as they are promoting beef who cares if it came from Japan, Canada or the United States. Ooh I forgot you are with R-calf and you are workign ot turn eveyone in to veggiemescarians. ( long for pale white veggie only eaters that look like they could croak)- a good 14 ounce steak a day would cure that :wink: :wink:

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

Heard on the news OT that the Kobe beef they had was raised right up in alberta. :wink: So long as they are promoting beef who cares if it came from Japan, Canada or the United States. Ooh I forgot you are with R-calf and you are workign ot turn eveyone in to veggiemescarians. ( long for pale white veggie only eaters that look like they could croak)

MR, if all of the beef in North America came from the U.S., how would you feel about your logic?

I did not see the show, but if the meat was paid for with taxpayer money, I want some shipped to my house. I would gladly take your beef for free--heck I might even be able to convince my sister-in-law who is on the verge of being a vegetarian to eat some. That would solve both your issues.

Econ101 said:
Bill said:
Oldtimer said:

Bill, what good does it do if they were eating Japanese beef instead of U.S. or Canadian beef to U.S. or Canadian producers?
Pretty hard for someone who is not committed to the beef industry to understand isn't it?

Econ101 said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

Heard on the news OT that the Kobe beef they had was raised right up in alberta. :wink: So long as they are promoting beef who cares if it came from Japan, Canada or the United States. Ooh I forgot you are with R-calf and you are workign ot turn eveyone in to veggiemescarians. ( long for pale white veggie only eaters that look like they could croak)

MR, if all of the beef in North America came from the U.S., how would you feel about your logic?

I did not see the show, but if the meat was paid for with taxpayer money, I want some shipped to my house. I would gladly take your beef for free--heck I might even be able to convince my sister-in-law who is on the verge of being a vegetarian to eat some. That would solve both your issues.
If all the North American beef DID come from the US I am sure we would all have a different view but it doesn't so your question is irrelevant.

Bill said:
Econ101 said:
Bill said:

Pretty hard for someone who is not committed to the beef industry to understand isn't it?

Any commitment that overpowers the neccesity of food safety and efficient and fair markets is misguided, whether in beef, chicken, or poultry. It is a short sighted policy and one that will not pay dividends in the long run to producers.

Bill said:
Econ101 said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:

If all the North American beef DID come from the US I am sure we would all have a different view but it doesn't so your question is irrelevant.

If all the beef came from the U.S. I would still have the same concerns, MR. That is what makes me different than you.

Econ101 said:
Bill said:
Econ101 said:

If all the beef came from the U.S. I would still have the same concerns, MR. That is what makes me different than you.

Yeah because you "think you know all the facts:" right.....

Bill said:
Econ101 said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:

Bill- Appears its hard for someone who lives in a country that totally sold out to the US to understand too... :???: Just because Canada has had so much trouble selling their beef without the USDA inspected stamp...

Its called being proud of your country- your heritage- your lifestyle- the industry the US cattlemen have built- the same one you want to shirtail on :wink:

I still believe there are many out there that take enough pride in there country that they will buy USA products when given the chance to choose....

Would GW lead us astray- he said "we want everyone to buy American". :???:

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Econ101 said:
Bill said:

No, because the credibility of the USDA under the current administration is questionable---and for good reason.

Oldtimer said:
Bill said:
Econ101 said:

Bill- Appears its hard for someone who lives in a country that totally sold out to the US to understand too... :???: Just because Canada has had so much trouble selling their beef without the USDA inspected stamp...

Its called being proud of your country- your heritage- your lifestyle- the industry the US cattlemen have built- the same one you want to shirtail on :wink:

I still believe there are many out there that take enough pride in there country that they will buy USA products when given the chance to choose....

Would GW lead us astray- he said "we want everyone to buy American". :???:
I'm not the one whining and whimpering about them serving BEEF instead of chicken or pork.

It's probably not American! :cry2: :cry2:

It's too expensive! :cry2: :cry2:

Manitoba rancher -
Heard on the news OT that the Kobe beef they had was raised right up in alberta.

That darn Pat McCarthy. We all need a marketer like that on the payroll. Gotta take lesson from that fellow so that the next Presidencial visit to Montana features Canadian Celtic on the menu.

Yes Randy,

WOuldnt it be nice to see that Canadian Celtic beef on the menu in Montana. While OT was eating crow!! :lol2: :lol2::lol2: :lol2:

Econ101 said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:
Econ101 said:

No, because the credibility of the USDA under the current administration is questionable---and for good reason.

Just who do you think you are to question the governing body of the US? If you wanna do that go join R-calf..... :dunce: :cry2: :cry2:

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Econ101 said:
Manitoba_Rancher said:

Just who do you think you are to question the governing body of the US? If you wanna do that go join R-calf..... :dunce: :cry2: :cry2:

A Texan.

conman said:
A Texan.

Manitoba_Rancher wrote:

With a major problem

That is very true, but it is not only my problem.

The first step to getting help is admitting you have a problem. Now on to step 2. :D

Latest posts