• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hot cow picture

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
I saw this red cow (Red Angus, I'm guessing) in a pond on a hot day, thought it'd be a nice pic---my second try at all of this!

cowinpond2.jpg

I'm hoping we'll (Mr. TTB :wink: and I) will be able to make it to Deadwood. I'll let everyone know soon---you know it seems we can't make any decisions until the day before at the earliest!!!

I hope the pic worked, and always,

Cheers!!!!

TTB :lol:

nice picture TTB,wish I was in that water with that ole cow,mighty hot here in TX.....................good luck ps these digital camera's are pretty neat aint they?

Jinglebob said:
Wish I had that big of a waterhole and all that green grass around it! Great pic!

Jinglebob--we wish we do too! This was in eastern Nebraska--cow looks pretty happy to be out there. It was a really interesting pond/dam-so clear you could see darn near to the bottom. Here all the dams/dugouts are always murky (and usually have water quality issues too) so you couldn't get the nice reflection-another thing with the reflection is that here the wind always blows (that'll happen sitting between Bismarck and Pierre-lots of hot air moving!)

Thanks for the complement on the pic-not nearly as nice as Jersey Lilly's, Soapweed's or sw's--but I try!

Have a wonderful day-it's beautiful here-almost no wind!

Cheers,

TTB

Don't put yourself down, TTB, that is ONE NICE PICTURE!!

You should think about sending it to the Red Angus folks!!!! Or send it to the Tri-State for their photo contest.

These Ag papers die for good Agriculture shots!!

WE HOPE YOU MAKE IT TO DEADWOOD!!

Turkey Track Bar,
Very nice pic of the cow coolin it. I always enjoy pictures so much..Just in the last year or so have found forums like this that people are willin to share. N while I"m at it..I wanna thank all of you picture posters for sharin, it's like gittin to travel without havin to leave home almost. hehe

Thanks guys for all of the complements!

It's fun taking pictures, I just wish I had more time to practice. When the hubby and I go to look at the cattle and horses he doesn't have a lot of patience in waiting for me to take pics--he says "he has too much to do." I also wish I had a camera with a big zoom lense on it--that way I could get close ups of critters without having to sneak up on them!

FH-I am thinking of putting the pic in the Red Angus magazine contest--we'll see how it does. As well, I might try the Tri State too. Thanks for the encouragement. Although it's not on this forum, your pictures of your awesome calves that Haymaker posted is great! Maybe your should enter them in the Tri State photo contest!

And, guess what??? Mr. TTB and I will be attending the Rancher's get together in Deadwood. I think we'll only be there for the day :( but it's better than not getting to go at all.

As well, we have a huge surplus of produce-cucumbers, zucs, a yellow squash, bell peppers (we should still have them coming) and maybe by then cantalopes. Is anyone interested in this stuff??? If so, post back or PM me and I'll bring some with.

Another thing we have a surplus of is orange daylilies---like probably over a 100, so if you want some daylily plants let me know, bring a bucket with some water and we'll gladly give you some. The story behind the lilies is Mr. TTB's Grandma, who is almost 90 decided she wanted to move her peonies to her daylily bed, and asked if I wanted the lilies. Of course I did, they are tied for #1 on my list of favorites with a couple other plants. I hadn't been to the lily bed for awhile so didn't know quite how many were there. Yesterday we dug them out-holy cow! Yesterday evening we planted over 50 and still have lots left. So, if you're interested, let me know.

Well, better get going. Daylight is burning on another beautiful day in the Dakotas!

Cheers,

TTB :wink:

Gosh, TTB, thanks. I always encourage others to put their good pictures in a photo contest, then don't think of doing it myself. I work for the same company that owns Tri-State Livestock News, so that one would be out. But I could submit it for use when they needed a picture, I suppose.

On the produce you offered to bring to Deadwood, what a great idea!! In fact, I was thinking of suggesting we all bring something and have a drawing so it all goes home with someone new. I don't mean BUY something, I mean bring something from home and we'll draw for winners of each item. What do you think about that?

Oh, yes, I would like some zuccinni, and a yellow squash. Thanks a bunch!

Faster horses said:
Gosh, TTB, thanks. I always encourage others to put their good pictures in a photo contest, then don't think of doing it myself. I work for the same company that owns Tri-State Livestock News, so that one would be out. But I could submit it for use when they needed a picture, I suppose.

On the produce you offered to bring to Deadwood, what a great idea!! In fact, I was thinking of suggesting we all bring something and have a drawing so it all goes home with someone new. I don't mean BUY something, I mean bring something from home and we'll draw for winners of each item. What do you think about that?

Oh, yes, I would like some zuccinni, and a yellow squash. Thanks a bunch!

FH:

I think you have a great idea there---some of the best things we have, have come from these type exchanges---great fun! I sure hope you're able to make it-not only 'cause I'd love to meet you, but also because that means your Dad is gaining ground and getting better. Again, know you're both in our thoughts and prayers. Tough deals, been through similar situations with Grandparents.

We'll have produce in tow---I didn't know if anyone ever wanted zucs--seems like they are the gag gift of a lifetime around here. I love zucchini, but my spoiled Scandahovian hubby is very picky-I have sneaked (or is it snook??) some zucchini in chocolate zucchini cake-thought it was good-either he was wearing a great poker face, or I bluffed him good! Either way, I think I won! :lol:

TTB

Latest posts