• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hot Day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Hot day..too many cars way too many people, took wool to wear house in Tooele. Did have a good Gyro at Dimitris Café on Vine Street, cherries in Brigham City , Cheese in Logan and Swather Parts in Preston..
Never gave H enough notice to come buy lunch.... was up to 99 time we left Tooele Town...

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/articles/heavy-hail-flash-floods-in-alberta-paint-a-wintry-scene/69544/

Shoot Jody I am sorry I missed ya. But it weren't hot in Tooele.......It was 106F out here on the desert yesterday. Scattered clouds today but the lightning is what has me on point. One strike and we will burn clear to hell and back. Sorry about the folks who got the hail. That stuff sure tears up everything.

Lord, if ya could spare some rain, we'd sure be thankful.

F. Horses.
We never even got a single drop of rain out of that one at the farm. Do not know about Per. Some people got as much as 6 to 8 inches of hail. What I saw was up to 5/8 inch in diameter with lots of wind, but I heard reports of 1 and 1/2 inch hail balls. They had to bring out the snow plows on Hwy 2.
JD

I was rolling some new seeding tonight in a low meadow the wind was blowing in my not so modern tractor I drove up to the truck and got my sweatshirt. Did'nt finish as dark was coming on and the wet spots are whats left figured I better have ample light to navigate thru in the morning.

When we were getting up at a little after 4AM (NOT my idea!) we heard on the radio that it was 41% at various places in SD, including Sisseton area (n.e. SD), so not surprising you had cool temps last night. But those hot days and cool nights are more like desert country.......such as western SD is quickly resembling if we don't get some real rain soon. It was not quite so cool here, about 50% here at that time. Nice for sleeping! Some of our crew is putting out bulls today and want to get that done before it gets hot out there.

mrj

We had .52" of rain yesterday, and half our crew barely avoided getting stuck a couple of times delivering bulls to various pastures. finishing after the rain got going pretty good. The other half was A-I ing cows here, where they were able to set up a portable, cobbled up 'roof' over the chute area....just before the rain stopped! And continued on till the job was done.

It's nice and cool with a slight breeze this morning. Overcast, too and looks like we could get more rain, which we sure need, but not so badly off as some places, either. Grass is still pretty green across most of the area which we drove last week. From here to Rapid City to see dermatologist, turn around, go past home, and end up in Brookings, clear across SD, for a meeting the next morning, then down the road about an hour to Dell Rapids to visit a friend in the nursing home, and on to Sioux Falls to have supper at an excellent Lone Star Steakhouse in Sioux Falls with miss Sweet Basil, spend the night at our favorite older Ramkota, and see docs on Thursday before returning home that evening. Not sure how many miles it was but at least 12 hours, maybe more, for the trip. Glad we got it all done in only three days. Would have been worse if unable to get appointments coordinated as well.

Somehow, I even had enough energy to go to Midland Market last night. That is a weekly summer event at the beautiful little city park in Midland, SD. There is usually a good meal for a donation prepared by various community groups, then visiting and vendors, sometimes even some impromptu music, making it a fun evening. Last night was a benefit for the Jennifer Nelson Memorial Scholarship. And it was held indoors at the Legion Hall due to the threatening weather and slightly damp park benches. Several good bakers and other vendors had their wares set up and I won't need to do any baking for a while!
mrj

Latest posts